L.O. Donald Staff Newsletter
DISD Grading Policy - Elementary
Please be sure you are following the district's grading policy. Key portions are below:
Classwork GradesTeachers may assign no less than one classwork grade per week per subject or a minimum of six grades per subject per six weeks. Projects may assess multiple learning standards and therefore, more than one grade may be recorded for a project (based on the scoring rubric).
Homework should be based only on content standards previously taught and at a level of difficulty that can be completed independently by students. In grades 2–5, grades from homework assignments will be counted only if they improve the student grade average, but feedback should always be provided on homework.
There should be no fewer than two and no more than four test/major project grades per six weeks in each core subject area.
High Failure Rates
Teachers with a six-week and/or semester failure rate of greater than ten percent in any subject area will be required to develop and submit an intervention support plan for struggling students that will be monitored by the principal.
Thank you for ensuring your students are learning at the mastery level and that the grades reported represent their knowledge of the content.
You are the difference-makers!
Monday, February 1, 2016
- 9:00-12:00 TELPAS Test Coordinator Training - V. Davis
- 9:30-12:00 DTR Observation - K. Carter
- 3:15-4:30 PD: TELPAS Test Coordinator Training in library - All teachers
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
- Groundhog Day
- 8:00-10:00 Common Assessment Reading - K-2
- 8:00-1:00 Mock STAAR Reading - Grades 3-5
- 8:00-4:00 Leadership Development training - K. Carter (tentative)
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
- 8:00-10:00 Common Assessment Math - K-2
- 8:00-1:00 Mock STAAR Math - Grades 3-5
- 3:30-4:00 Staff ZUMBA! in the gym
Thursday, February 4, 2016
- 8:00-1:00 Mock STAAR Writing - Grade 4
- 8:00-1:00 Mock STAAR Science - Grade 5
- 1:30-3:30 Brighter Bites
- 3:15-4:00 After-School Tutoring
- 3:15-4:45 Girls Scouts in the auditorium
Friday, February 5, 2016
- 8:00-3:00 DDI - 3-5 Math in PLC room - M. Crossland, N. Rodriguez, L. Green, A, Gonzalez, M. Bryant, J. Johnson, V. Davis & K. Carter
- 8:30-9:00 Cookies with the Principal - Parent Meeting in the Parent Center - S. Ortiz & K. Carter
- 2:30 100 Days of School Parade!
Saturday, February 6, 2016
- Saturday School
- 2/8 DDI Reading K-2
- 2/9 DDI Reading & Writing 3-5
- 2/9 Math CIC training
- 2/10 DDI Math K-2
- 2/12 Reading CIC training
- 2/12 Focus School Training with Region 10
- 2/12 Field trip (Perot Museum) 5th grade
Math Routines That Build Number Sense
L.O. Donald 2015-16 Goals
- 80% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR reading/math in grades 3-5.
- 70% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR writing in grade 4.
- 85% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR science in grade 5.
- 80% of students will perform on or above grade level on the Iowa/Logramos K-2
L.O. Donald 2015-16 Campus Priorities
- Improve academic achievement through data-driven and small group instruction.
- Build a strong, achievement-oriented campus culture.
- Improve parent involvement and school-community relationships.