By: Brittany Hiatt
- The desert is a barren land that produces little precipitation and has wide range of temperature.
- The desert Is usually hot during the day and gets cold at night.
- Has very little human and plant life.
- Its dry which results in only having little streams and little water.
- Deserts cover about one fifth of earths surface.
- There are hot and cold deserts.
- In the hot and dry desert its hard for the animal and plant life. The only animals that can survive is that can burrow under the ground. There are some plants in the desert but there low plants and dry.
- Temperatures range from 104 degrees and very rarely do temps drop below freezing in the hot and dry deserts.
- Cold desserts are some what rare outside of Asia.
- Even though its a cold desert it can experience extremely hot and dry summer but get cold during the winter.
- Deserts are mostly made u of sand and rock.
- Some deserts contains mountains, plains and duns.
- Flat deserts is made of ancient rock that has that hardened over time forming into sand.
- Others have formed into crumbled landscapes like things with mountains and uneven land.