Mid- Year Review
Chemistry, Earth History, Infectious Diseases
Chemistry- 8.P.1- Understand the properties of matter and changes that occur when matter interacts in an open and closed container.
*Changes they undergo
-Physical and Chemical Change
* any change that does not involve a change in the substance's chemical identity
-Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures
* Elements are made of one type of atom while compounds are made of 2 or more atoms while mixture is a combination of 2 or more pure substances.
* Table of metals, metalloids, and non-metals
-Groups and Periods
* Horizontal rows are called periods and the vertical rows are called groups.
-Metals, Non-Metals, Metalloids
* They are all parts of the periodic table going from right to left are the metals, then the metalloid, and last non-metals.
-Atomic Number, Atomic Mass, Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons
*The atomic number for an atom is the equal number of protons in the nucleas, the atomic mass is the number of protons and neutrons in an atom
-Law of Conservation of Mass
*i don't know
each layer of rock that is on the bottom of one is older and the one on top is younger
fossils are widely distributed organisms that lived during only one short period.
a peace of ice that sis used to see what the carbon dioxide levels were long ago
-Geologic Time Scale
the timescale of rock layers and the fossils in them.
-Relative and Absolute Dating
Relative- Close to the actual date/ Absolute- The exact date and time
Relative and absolute dating
law of superposition
Geologic time scale
*small living organism
-Virus, Bacteria, Fungi, Parasite
*Virus- small non living organism bacteria- small living organism that infects people/ fungi- small living organism that can give you ring worm/ Parasite- small living organism that moves from host to host
-Epidemic vs. Pandemic
*epidemic- small virus in a community/ Pandemic- Virus across a continent or world wide
*Prevention- keep it from happening/ Treatment- treat it and get it out of your system and taken care of
*The study of life science
* Agricultural science
-Agriculture, Medicine, Economy
* Farmers get more money if they grow their crops with enhanced chemicals to make them bigger than usual. Biotechnologist make medicines more enhanced for better treatment.
* infectious Disease