Sunset Valley Elementary 1/12/18
- We conducted our annual lock down drill this afternoon. This drill was done in conjunction with the Lee's Summit Police Department.
- Flu season is upon us. Our custodial crew works tirelessly to keep the building clean and kids and staff safe. In addition, classroom teachers are consistently having students wash their hands throughout the school day. We take the health of our students and staff very seriously.
- Congrats to Mr. Hochsprung and Mrs. Johnson's classrooms for winning the December 2017 Box Top collection! Thank you to SVE Parent, Mrs. Peter, for organizing Box Tops for SVE!
- Congrats to Alara on advancing to the Jackson-Clay County Spelling Bee! Woohoo!
- Thank you to Mrs. Cook for sponsoring the Spelling Bee for SVE!
- MAP testing will be here around the end of March. If the lil' Jaguars could avoid missing school during the morning testing window, that would help them out tremendously.
- The MAP window is April 3 through May 8.
- Time is running out to purchase an SVE Yearbook! The deadline to purchase a yearbook is February 14! You can purchase your yearbook online.
R7 Launches Innovation Track!
Please read here for the latest information on LSR7's new Innovation Track!
Inclement Weather Notification!
Here is a link to the R7 website on inclement weather notification!
Attention parents! The yearbook needs your help! Please upload any pictures you have taken over the year - first day, assemblies, fall parties, back to school picnic, everything. It's easy and only takes a little time. Please see the instructions on the SVE PTA website, under the yearbook tab (where you also go to buy a yearbook!), or click this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByHmkvBhcxmlbWw2UWY4UGxFYnM/view
Instructions are here.