Week of February 12th, 2018
- FedEx - Sign up for this week's FedEx in Eduphoria (see below). Also, don't forget to add your quick reflection/note about your learning on the FedEx Padlet (see below).
- Feb 19th PD - Sign up for your sessions for next Monday's PD day (see below).
- Attendance - Please help ensure that accurate and prompt attendance is being submitted each day. Attendance should be submitted as close to 10:00 as possible each day. When you submit each day, you are verifying that the information submitted is accurate and complete. Have any questions? Speak with Gina or me. Thanks!
- "PLC in Your PJs!" - Review the info below about an upcoming virtual Book Study and Twitter Chat, and consider participating! I would like at least 1 person per team to participate as we continue growing in our levels of collaboration and our focus on student learning during our collaborative team time. Hopefully the level of flexibility and the lack of in-person meetings/trainings with this book study will allow additional people to join!
FedEx on Wednesday
Please be sure to sign up in Eduphoria - https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=9381
Also, don't forget to add your note/reflection on the FedEx Padlet for Flex Credit - https://padlet.com/chilton6/25vtignpkga0
If you have any ideas/suggestions to make this better, please let me know. We'll continue making the announcement before it starts, since that seems to help.
If you have any parents that would like to volunteer, or if you'd like to include the SignUp in your newsletters, the link is below.
We will be able to pay tutors $25 per hour. The district has become much more strict on submitting timesheets and the dates for submission. To help make sure you get paid correctly and promptly, please follow these guidelines:
- All hours must be recorded on a timesheet from Michelle.
- Hours recorded must be outside of the contract day.
- We must submit hours to the Business Office by the end of the month, so please make sure Michelle has your timesheet by the last day. We will send an email reminder at the end of the month.
Reminder: If you are new to Wilson, please give Kaylyn your online basic training certificate and your calibration certificate (for one of the last three years) before you can calibrate on Monday.
February 12 and 20: Calibration sessions (extra training required if do not pass first time)
February 12 - March 28: TELPAS writing sample collection window
Week of Feb. 12--collect two samples
Week of Feb. 19--collect two samples
Week of Feb. 26--collect one sample
March 2: Writing samples due to Mary for verification
March 23: Rated writing collections due to Kaylyn/Jennifer
February 26 - March 28: CISD TELPAS Assessment window - Reading and Listening and Speaking
March 28 - April 6: CISD Verification window
February 19th PD
The afternoon will be on-campus time. I've been told we'll receive additional information about what should look like soon. As soon as I do, I'll pass it along!
ESL Learning Walks
I had the opportunity to sit with them afterwards and be a part of their debrief. They had some amazing notes regarding some of the amazing things they saw. Please click below to read their "takeaways." Regardless of whether they visited your room or not, there are some incredibly valuable ideas for ways to support our "ELs."
Week At A Glance
- TELPAS Writing Sample Window Opens
- 1st Grade Collaborative Team Time
- Marci Brooks here for photos. She may be popping into your rooms.
- TELPAS Calibration Session - 3:30
- PTO Meeting - 6:30
- Kinder Collaborative Team Time
- Cooper @ Principal Meeting - AM
- 2nd Grade Performance - 2:15
- DLI Meeting - 3:30 - Denton Creek
- 2nd Grade Performance - 6:30
- 5th Grade Collaborative Team Time
- Valentine's Parties (K-2nd - 1:00, 3rd-5th - 2:00)
- FedEx - 3:30
- 4th Collaborative Team Time
- Kinder Design Day
- Rise & Shine
- 2nd Grade Collaborative Team Time
- Picture Day #SmileBig