Early Learning Center
Weekly Newsletter: 12/23/21
ELC Open House
The Early Learning Center at
Thacher Elementary School
Virtual Open House
For New Community Peer Students 2022-2023
Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 6 PM
Join us online via Zoom! Take a virtual tour of our program, meet our Principal, Assistant Principal and Coordinator, and discover what makes The Early Learning Center unique.
Registration is required to receive the Zoom link prior to the event. Please register at elc.attleboroschools.com. For more information, please call 508-223-1563.
To participate in the program a child must be:
- A Resident of Attleboro
- Three years of age by September 1, 2022
- Demonstrate age appropriate skills as exhibited in ELC Screening
Registration is required to receive the Zoom link prior to the event. Please sign-up here.
AT HOME ROUTINE COVID TESTING
Test kits will not be going home this week. We will resume on Friday, January 7th.
Here are scenarios where testing can be to your advantage.
• If a student tests positive, the entire classroom is considered a close contact and subject to quarantine guidelines from the state UNLESS your student is enrolled in our Routine COVID Testing program. If enrolled in testing, your student can stay in school provided they are asymptomatic and test negative each day with the school nurse. If not enrolled in our Routine COVID testing program, they would be subject to state quarantine guidelines and be marked absent from school while unable to attend school.
• Your child is not feeling well at school. The school nurse can administer a rapid test to determine whether your child is positive or negative and may require further testing by their doctor.
• By enrolling your child in Routine COVID testing, you help us to have safe ways of keeping your child in their school learning environment in the event that they are ever deemed a close contact.
Please know that the actual testing is completely painless and easy. It is NOT a deep swab up their nose. Their nose is gently swabbed just inside of the nostrils.
Interested families can find the link below to consent. Please make sure to select the Early Learning Center as your child's school.
Spirit Week - Sweater Day
Spirit Week - Flannel and Fuzzy Socks Day
Sprit Week - Winter Wonderland
Spirit Week - Pajama Day
This past week, Parents/Guardians received a blank copy of the preschool progress report and the rubric used to assess your child's growth, so you can become familiar with the report. In January, you will receive a completed progress report for this first part of the school year. The second will be scheduled to be sent home in the Spring, before the end of the school year.
From the Health Office
If your child has any of the following symptoms that indicate a possible illness that may decrease the student’s ability to learn and also put them at risk for spreading illness to others, please DO NOT send them to school. Please check your child for these symptoms and if present, will need a PCR COVID 19 test (antigen test or otherwise known as rapid test cannot be accepted for symptomatic students) before returning to school. A copy of the results must be sent to the school nurse for review before your child may come back to school.
COVID-19 symptoms list:
• Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
• New loss of taste or smell
• Muscle aches or body aches
• Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
• Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
• Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, when in combination with other symptoms
• Headache when in combination with other symptom
• Fatigue, when in combination with other symptom
• Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptom
In general, students with vomiting, fever, and/or diarrhea may not return until free of those symptoms for 24 hours – even if tested negative for Covid 19.
- Lisa Kilfoyle, BSN, RN
During school hours, the back field is not open, as it is used by classes. Please be mindful of this during arrival and dismissal times.
Please remember that there is no driving or parking in the coned off areas. It is helpful if you relay that information to any friends/relatives helping with drop off or pick up.
I just wanted to thank the families who contact the office when their child will be absent for the day. While it is fine to text/remind/email your child's teacher as well, the office still needs to be notified. During the ongoing COVID reality we are living in, all absences need to be reviewed, and referred to the nurse as warranted. The ELC office number: (508) 223-1563
Upcoming PTO Meeting -January
Families are encourage to join our PTO and attend meetings at the school in our school cafeteria (enter through the door by the flagpoles). The next meeting for parents and staff is on January 11th from 6:30-7:30 pm. There will be no meeting in December. Hope to see you there!
For questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.