October 8, 2021
EMPOWER Hosts a Fun Evening at Ross Theater!
Congratulations to the Homecoming King, Queen, Prince, Princess and all the Court!
Hoosier students can apply for state financial aid through April 15, 2022
Hoosier students and families planning to attend college in 2022 are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. To get the maximum financial aid, students should apply by November 1, 2021.
The Indiana Commission for Higher Education reminds Hoosiers that filing the FAFSA by April 15, 2022 is imperative for securing money for college and accessing some of the $390 million in state financial aid and billions of dollars in federal aid available for learners.
“Regardless of family income, filing the FAFSA is an important first step for anyone interested in education and training beyond high school,” said Indiana Commissioner for Higher Education Teresa Lubbers. “It’s surprising how much money is left on the table each year because many Hoosiers assume they don’t qualify for state or federal financial aid. There is a significant amount of funding available to help with the cost of college, but you must at least have a FAFSA on file to use it.”
SHS Seniors can find detailed instructions for creating and filling out the FAFSA on their CANVAS IMPACT page inside the Senior Class module.
There will be a Financial Aid workshop at SHS on Monday, October 25, 2021 at 6 p.m. Plan to bring your questions and concerns to learn more about completing the FAFSA.
Where to find SHS Sports Schedules!
We have a great Athletics website: https://scottsburgathletics.com
-On the website if you select the season, then the sport, then schedule, you will see that team's schedule for this school year. Each team's results are updated and it even gives you the option to subscribe to a team and you will get emails with results when you subscribe.
Our Facebook Page is: https://www.facebook.com/scsd2athletics
Our Twitter Account is: https://twitter.com/scsd2athletics
Our Instagram Account is: https://www.instagram.com/scottsburgathletics/
4 Spots Have Opened Up for October!
Classes fill up quickly, don't wait to reserve your spot!
October 11th - 22nd (Only 4 spots open)
Feb 28th - March 11th
May 23rd - June 4th
June 27th - July 9th
Classes are $400 and include 2 weeks of classroom instruction followed be scheduled drive time. Classes will be after school hours while drive time will be after school and some Saturday mornings.
To reserve a spot a $200 deposit is required. The balance is due at the beginning of class. Classes will fill up quickly. Contact Angie Richey at 812-752-8927 to reserve your spot!
1. You must be at least 15 years old to register for Driver's Ed.
2. As an additional option, you can enroll in an online Driver Education course for the instructional portion of the class if we do not have an opening during the session you would like to register for. You will still need to sign up to complete the driving portion through the High School. We recommend driversed.com. Though you can use any class approved by the BMV, that list is available by searching "Licensed Driver Training Schools-In.gov".
3. Bring the payment receipt for the on-line class to Mrs. Angie Richey at the SHS Main Office. At that time you can register for the driving portion which is $350. Mrs. Richey will issue you a CDE form stating your student is enrolled in Drivers Ed at SHS.
4. In order to obtain your Learner's Permit, take the CDE form along with a certified birth certificate, social security card and 2 documents with the student's name and address to the BMV. The SHS office can print a Harmony page that can be used as one of the address documents needed. Students will be given a test over the Indiana Drivers Manual and a vision test before obtaining their Learner's Permit.
5. Once you have completed the on-line course and obtained your Learner's Permit bring your certificate to Mrs. Richey. She will contact the driving instructor to schedule your drive times.
6. In order to take the test for your Operator License you will need to be age 16 & 90 days, have held your Learner's Permit for 180 days, completed 6 hours with a driving instructor and completed a total of 50 hours of practice with an instructor or blood relative over age 25 that has a valid drivers license.
7:00pm Varsity Football @ Pekin Eastern HS
11:00am Cross Country @ Hardy Lake
2:00pm Boys Soccer IHSAA Sectional
6:00pm JV Football vs Pekin Eastern Hs
7:00pm Girls Volleyball IHSAA Sectional
6:00pm Girls Volleyball IHSAA Sectional
7:30pm Girls Volleyball IHSAA Sectional
7:00pm Varsity Football vs Brownstown HS
6:00am Band Regionals @ Evansville HS
10:30am Cross Country IHSAA Regionals
11:00am Girls Volleyball IHSAA Sectional
12:30pm Girls Volleyball IHSAA Sectional
7:00pm Girls Volleyball IHSAA Sectional
6:00pm JV Football @ Brownstown HS
7:00pm Varsity Football Sectional
10:00am Cross Country @ Brownstown HS