Kennedy Elementary School
Sneak Peek to the Week
Kennedy Cougars Celebrate World Peace Day
Save the Date
10/11-10/14: Fall Conferences; Early Dismissal for Students 1:40pm
10/11-10/14: Scholastic Book Fair
10/14/22: PTA Spirit Day; Down Syndrome Awareness, wear blue
10/21/22: PTA Spirit Day: Breast Cancer Awareness, wear pink
Hispanic Heritage Month
From 9/15 to 10/15, KES will celebrate, honor, and learn about notable Hispanics, and Latino culture and customs.
For the month of September, Kennedy Cougars are participating in being Active Citizens in their classrooms and school community.
Regardless of our differences, we always include everyone. That is what makes us amazing Kennedy Cougars.
Hispanic Heritage Month
A Note from our Nurse
- Please ensure all physicals, vaccinations, and doctor's orders for medication are updated for the 2022-2023 school year. Please contact Mrs. Kocoski if you should have any questions.
- Students and staff who have symptoms of illness should stay home. If no symptom improvement after 24 hours, please consult with healthcare provider. Home tests will not be accepted at this time. Absences without a doctor's note or lab confirmed test will be marked unexcused.
If your child is Covid positive, they must quarantine for 5 days. A lab test must be provided for the absence to be excused. We will not be accepting home tests.
The only individual that is required to quarantine is the individual with Covid 19. Siblings can continue to come to school regardless of vaccination status.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
***Reasons to keep your child home or contact the nurse***
-Your child has tested positive for Covid-19
-Your child has a fever
-Your child has vomited
-Your child has diarrhea
-Your child has a rash
-Your child has head lice
-Your child has an eye infection
-Your child has been in the hospital
*In addition to the above, with any other illness, you should keep your child home until his or her symptoms are improving.
If you need to report an absence, please contact the absence verification line at:
Monthly Lunch Menu
Important Information for Students Buying Lunch with Food Allergies
The district purchased a subscription for all students to use in grades 3-12. Click on the button above to learn more.
Information will be removed based on the date next to each item.
Changes to Dismissal
**Important Dismissal Information**
To ensure the safety of all our students, we will be following the dismissal information we have from parents. If a student tells us they are being dismissed an alternate way, we can not grant that request. All changes to dismissal must:
1. Be submitted using the Genesis Parent Portal ( Change of pick-up instructions). This can be used up until noon on the day of the dismissal change.
If you call the main office to communicate a change, DO NOT leave a message; make sure to speak to a secretary.
Please see the document below to support you in using this feature in Genesis.
Breakfast and Lunch- will be removed 9/30/22
****Breakfast and Lunch are no longer free ****
The cost for breakfast and lunch are below.
- If you would like your child to purchase breakfast, it will be available for your child in their classroom when they arrive.
- If you choose not to purchase breakfast, please tell your child not to take a meal.
If your child has a food allergy and will buy breakfast and lunch, please visit the link below and follow the steps to ensure your child's meals are allergen-free.
To pay for your child's breakfast, lunch, or snack, you can:
- Set Up a My School Bucks Account and load money onto your child's card ( Please know there is a convenience fee when choosing this option.) link below
- Send in cash or check made out to Roxbury BOE ( Please put cash or check in an envelope with your child's name and teacher and labeled "Lunch Money.")
HPE District Coorespondance- will be removed 9/30/22
Check out this Great Offer from The Paper Store - Will be removed 10/21/22
The Succasunna store is scheduled to open on Saturday, September 3rd, and will have its Grand Opening on Saturday, October 15th, and Sunday, October 16th.
10% of sales from the Grand Opening will be donated to Roxbury Public Schools. Teachers and Students who show a valid school ID can also receive 15% off their entire purchase during the Grand Opening weekend.