Behavior and Cognitive Therapy
Compare and Contrast
- Focused directly on observable behavior.
- Used to treat wide range of psychological disorders
- Focus on current determinants of behaviors
- Focus on learning experiences that promote change
- Helps process faulty thinking
- Helps distinguish between fantasy and reality
- Help change and recognize unrealistic negative thoughts and maladaptive beliefs.
- Help clients understand the relationship of cognition, feelings, and behavior.
Behavior and Cognitive Therapy Together
Focus on changing cognition to produce desired changes in affected behavior.
An educational treatment focusing on specific and structured target problems.
Both are psychoeducational model.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is best to treatment for someone who procrastinate and this picture indicates how it looks and how the person thinks!