Super Star News Update
September 28 - October 2
"It takes strength to survive, It takes courage to live." --Author Unknown
Also this week, I've had more than one conversation in which parents and community members have bragged on you. They know how much we care about their children, and trust us to do whatever it takes to support them. Our staff intervene at the earliest sign of need, being creative in challenging situations and collaborating together to support unique student needs. Our para-pros are here early, consistently demonstrate flexibility and grace under fire, volunteer to do whatever it takes to ensure our students are safe, structured, and supported through 1-on-1 intervention, and support our teachers in and beyond the classrooms. Our cafeteria staff and bus drivers, custodial staff, and crossing guards--we're all in this together, and the students know this to be true. You are the Best of the Best. What an honor to call ourselves SuperStars!
Items to Note
- This week's staff meeting will focus on "At-Risk." Yes! it is that time of year when Tammy and Melina step into the fury of coding and PID-searches, to ensure accurate records for our upcoming Snap-Shot date. This impacts our accountability ratings, funding, and so much more. Thank you all for your support to get to know the kids, pour through cum folders, catch Skyward errors and spy those elusive details upon which this process hinges. Teachers, thank you for completing the "Flipped" activity that Tammy sent out earlier in the week. Please bring your laptop to the staff meeting, along with your brightest Super Star SMILE! :)
- Placement Review Committee (PRC): Rachel Haskins, Liz Billingsley, and Yodit Whipple have all agreed to accept your nominations to this committee. Thank you for your willingness to serve our students and staff in this important role.
- Thursday! Our SuperStars did such a GREAT job at the CISD Board Meeting! Not only did our students Shine, but our parent turn out filled the board room. A standing shout-out and Thank You to Ms. Everwine, Ms. Castillo, and Ms. Salazar for diligently preparing our students. We look forward to our Hispanic Heritage Program on October 15!
- Remember, the computer lab will open Tuesday. ISIP will continue on Monday.
- HOORAY!! We have 2 new positions being added to our campus: A full-time campus monitor and a part-time cafeteria monitor!! The district recognizes our need for additional support and is allowing us to increase our focus and interventions on student learning, while maintaining student safety through consistent, active supervision.
- Safety Tip: Please remember that per district policy, doors must be locked at all times. Use the magnet to minimize classroom disruptions, and let us know if you need assistance with this. (Please remember to label your magnet, if not yet done, with your classroom number.)
- Welcome home, Juanita! We are very excited to welcome her back to campus in our new ESL/Bilingual position.
- Sports and Tutoring kicks off September 28.
- Gracias, Ms. Rangel, for our daily Hispanic Heritage announcements!
- October is Anti-Bullying Awareness Month. On Monday, October 5th, wear Blue! Also, report card day will be deigned College Day. Wear your favorite college shirt or jersey, and encourage your students to do the same. (Students: Dress code bottoms and shirts must be tucked!)
- Thank you for making and maintaining contact with parents, especially those who are struggling, as we approach the end of the first marking period. Remember to document! =)
- Student Spirit Shirts are in! Thank you, Letitia, Tammy, and Rosa, for your amazing contributions in this long process. We appreciate you!
- Sandy, your kids sounded great this week during Announcements. Katie's class is up next! We're looking forward to hearing from our first 3rd grade class.