Teaching and Learning Technologies
NEW MOODLE FEATURES
Changes are effective December 29 and include the following improvements:
1) New User Profile Menu Settings
- Dashboard: a centralized location to organize your Moodle information.
- Grades: a page where users can quickly view grades for all enrolled courses.
- Preferences: easy access to update user account settings like your profile photo.
2) Topic Deletion
- Instructors will be able to delete an entire topic--and all its contents--at one time by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner of each topic.*Note: Once content is deleted you cannot get it back!
3) Quiz Feature Improvements
- Add headings between pages of quiz questions, ex. Multiple Choice Questions or Essay Question.
- Lock questions within your quiz, so that a question appears only if the student answers the previous question (instructions available here).
4) Color Scheme Update
- Moodle color theme will upgrade to a white background with black and blue text to comply with accessibility standards.
- Course templates and formatting will remain the same.
Additional Spring Semester Dates & Reminders
December 18 -- Registered students will be loaded into Moodle course shells
*To learn how to hide a course from student view, click here
January 4 -- Registered student & faculty list will be updated
January 11-15 -- Registered student & faculty list updated daily
January 22 -- Student "drop" file will be sent to Moodle, removing dropped students from your course(s)
As always, if you have any questions about Moodle, or other teaching technologies, please do not hesitate to contact us!