The Titan Times: Week 13
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
In this Edition:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Counselor's Connection Info & Message
- Ways to Stay Engaged & Volunteer for Upcoming Events
To continue on the theme of gratitude, I can start by expressing how grateful I am that we have the right to exercise our vote. I encourage our community to be an informed voter and go to the polls! As you know, the ballot for this November’s elections includes two Leander ISD propositions. Proposition A is an Attendance Credit Election and Proposition B is a Voter-Approval Tax Rate Election. For information about these propositions, please visit LeanderISD.org/elections. We hope to see you out and about voting and encouraging others to do the same. Our campus is a polling site, too.
This week we get to spotlight both our maintenance and LSSPs! I am grateful for our Licensed Specialists in School Psychology (LSSPs) as they are referred to in Texas. LSSPs partner with families, teachers, school administrators, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community. They apply expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. They are also important members of school safety and crisis teams. We have LSSPs that work across Leander ISD to support students in special programs with comprehensive evaluations and related services, but we extra appreciate the one who serves our Titans, Ms. Alicia Wilson! Thank you!
Lastly, we need to highlight our newest maintenance crew member, Mr. Jeffery Bergeron. He serves as our facilities maintenance lead as concerns arise on campus. We are truly blessed to have him support us as we ensure our campus is safe and accommodating facility. Many thanks to him and our district maintenance staff!
As you will see, there are a few events happening this month. Specifically, I want to be sure if you plan to attend our 2nd grade performance on Veterans Day (RSVP here) and Thanksgiving luncheon (RSVP here) that you RSVP for a visitor's badge . This will support our office staff having visitor tags ready for check-in. The previous QR code from the district for Thanksgiving was to support our order for food, so please be sure to RSVP to the campus form for a visitors tag.
That's it for now! Please feel free to reach out if you wish to connect, collaborate, and/or celebrate. Together, we are better!
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
Mark Your Calendars
- 7th- 11th Maintenance Appreciation Week/ LSSP Appreciation Week
- 8th: Election Day/ No School for Students
- 9th: PTA General Meeting at 6 PM at RPE Cafeteria/ Need Childcare? RSVP here.
- 10th: Grades 3-5 Fall Planting in the Garden (See Info)/ Leander ISD Board Meeting at 6:15 PM at the LEO Conference Center
- 11th: Veterans Day: Second Grade Performance RSVP HERE
- 14th-18th Principal and Assistant Principal Appreciation Week (Leander ISD recognition)
- 15-17th: Scholastic Book Fair (Info Below- Volunteers Needed!)
- 15th: Thanksgiving Feast at RPE: RSVP HERE
- 21-25th: Fall Break- No school for staff and students
- 29th: Fall Picture Make Up Day
- 5-9th: Inclusive Schools Week
- 8th Leander ISD Board Meeting at 6:15 PM at the LEO Conference Center: RPE Will be Highlighted
- 8th 3rd Grade Performance for Parents (RSVP link coming soon)
- 13th State Hearing and Vision Screenings
- 16th Early Release at 11:30 AM
- 19th through January 2nd Winter Break
January 2023- Students return and the 3rd Quarter Begins on January 3rd.
This details the entire school year's student holidays, staff development days, early release, etc.
MUST KNOWS FOR THE COMMUNITY
PTA General Meeting: Wednesday November 9th 6 PM at the cafeteria!
PTA is excited to have a healthy night sponsored by Kale Me Crazy to talk about how to balance work, kids and the holidays. The PTA general meeting will include a presentation from Maria Serafine and there will be Kale Me Crazy salads and toasts to try along with the opportunity to win one of two Kale Me Crazy $10 gift cards to raffle off! The meeting will also include short PTA updates, AND the PTA is offering FREE CHILDCARE (must be potty trained) during the meeting. If you're in need of this service, please sign up here. We hope to see you there!
The November Newsletter contains information about Parent Education Events, Break Tips, Engaging in Conversation, Student Spotlights, Department Highlights, and Self- Determination.
Special Programs & Services November Event:
This month the special programs and services district leadership will host their General Parent Support Group on November 10th from 6pm - 7pm on zoom. This will be an opportunity for families to come together, share experiences, and resources. Please register here.
The monthly Family Education Night held by the special programs and services district leadership will be on Wednesday November 16th, 2022 from 6:00pm - 7:30pm at Reed Elementary School. Limited Childcare will be available for students 5th grade and younger. Students of all grades are welcome to attend the sessions and ask questions alongside their families. Please register here.
The special programs and services district leadership Coffee Chat will be held on Friday November, 19th from 10:00am-11:00am on zoom. All previous Parent Night presentations are housed on the Parent Meeting Archive for asynchronous access. Please register here.
Volunteer at RPE
Scholastic Book Fair Info
On Tuesday, November 15th – Thursday November 17th come experience the limitless possibilities with your Titan(s) at the Scholastic Book Fair! Every purchase supports our school! You may set up an eWallet account to allow your child to shop cashless. Check it out- Link for eWallet
Fall Scholastic Book Fair – Volunteers Needed
This year’s Fair is going to be epic, but we need volunteers to make it happen. We hope that you can offer your time and talents to help students become Bolder, Prouder, and Stronger Readers— which in turn makes them bolder, prouder, and stronger individuals. And since every purchase benefits our school, helping is twice as rewarding. If you’re available to lend a hand at this upcoming event, access the volunteer sign-up sheet and select the time(s) that work best with your schedule.
Link to Volunteer for Book Fair
Opportunities to assist include: • Setting up the Fair/Decorating • Helping shoppers at the Fair • Checkout • Packing up the Fair
For students, this is one of the most anticipated events of the school year—and as a volunteer, you’ll have the chance to experience the Bookjoy firsthand!
Run/ Read Club: Volunteers Needed
What is River Place Run/Read Club:
- A morning walk or jog is a great way to start the day and a healthy habit to form. Encourage your kids by volunteering for this event!
- It is also a great way to see your kids interact with friends in their grade level.
- We need parent support to keep this program going strong. Your words of encouragement as they run laps go a long way to encourage the students. Sign up here!
- Students will either run around the track and earn prizes, OR they may read silently to self in the gym.
- Volunteers and teachers will help set up the tables, help students get their badges, log laps run, motivate kids, give out rewards for laps run, and collect badges and take down tables when Run Club is finished. Sign up here!
- After Run Club, at 7:50, Mr. Grace will pick up the students and take them to the cafeteria. Students who have not had breakfast yet will do so then.
Time: 7:10-7:50 AM
Place: Check in at the front receptionist desk and then head to the MPR (Multi-Purpose Room across from the cafeteria)
Questions: please contact/text Tracey Schalscha at 602-558-0248
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED LISD VOLUNTEER. Sign up here!
Run or Read Club Schedule:
If you are a family who needs support with purchasing Titan gear, please reach out to our school counselor, Ms. Jennifer Randall, at email@example.com
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders