Ford Blvd. Elementary School
& Dual Language Academy
The 1st school in LAUSD to receive this award.
Si desea traducir esta página, por favor siga las instrucciones a continuación:
Welcome to Ford Blvd Elementary School!
If you are looking for a second home for your child. Look no further. Ford Blvd. Elementary has everything that your child needs. We have the resources to ensure your child is happy, learning, and engaged in all the activities and programs that are needed for a well-rounded education. At Ford Blvd, we focus on academics to ensure that your child will have all the tools he/she needs to be successful in the future. Especially, if you want your child to be TRILINGUAL.
At Ford Blvd, your child can:
- Learn to speak, read and write in Spanish.
- Learn to speak, read and write CODE.
- Learn Music.
Most importantly, your child can become a LEADER with 21st-century skills.
I want to invite you to tour our school by interacting with this virtual pamphlet. Just a few clicks and you can see all the AMAZING things happening here.
What are you waiting for? Join our Ford Family.
Why Ford Blvd. Elementary?
Here are a few of the programs and services we offer:
- A full-time Nurse & office health clerk.
- A full-time Psychiatric Social Worker.
- A full-time School Psychologist.
- A full-time Attendance Counselor.
- Parent Resource Navigator
- Parent Community Representatives
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- After school program.
Dual Language Program - Spanish & English 50/50 MODEL
What are the goals of dual language education?
- Bilingualism and Biliteracy
- Academic Proficiency
- Sociocultural Competence
How are languages distributed during the instructional day?
- The 50/50 model starts in UTK and remains 50/50 through 5th grade.
Coding Class for 3rd, 4th, & 5th Graders
In the tech world, coding is often referred to as the "third language," providing another means of communication outside of written and oral language skills. Understanding computers and learning the basics of coding helps children to develop an appreciation of how things work. It also teaches them how software engineers use math in order to solve problems in a logical and creative way!
What is coding?
- Code tells a computer what actions to take, and writing code is like creating a set of instructions.
Why learn to code?
- By learning to write code, you can tell computers what to do or how to behave in a much faster way. You can use this skill to make websites and apps, process data, and so lots of other cool things!
Google CS First
- Google's CS First is a free online computer science and coding curriculum for students in upper elementary and middle school (ages 9-14). Lessons and activities are designed to be engaging and relevant, with themes such as Storytelling, Art, Sports, Fashion Design, Social Media and Animation.
Scratch for CS First
- With Scratch for CS First, students use a block-based programming language to create their own interactive stories, games, and animations -- and, in the process, learn important computational concepts and problem-solving strategies.
Robotics & Technology Club
Dance & Orchestra
Los Angeles Education Partnership (LAEP)
- The Los Angeles Education Partnership (LAEP) is a nonprofit organization that advances educational equity. Together with families, schools and the community, LAEP facilitates access to and opportunities for quality education and wellness practices so that children thrive from diapers to diplomas.
- Ford Blvd. Elementary and LAEP have come together to bring gardening club to our students! LAEP has partnered with Eco Urban Gardeners to teach students about the beauty of gardening. Students who participate in gardening club activities are able to learn with hands-on activities every week!
- Ford Blvd. Elementary's 5th graders have come a long way over the years, and what better way to celebrate their transition to middle school than by having them decide how they want to celebrate! 5th graders are able to come together for Leadership Club once a week to practice their leadership roles and decision making skills for their end of the year school activities and celebrations.
- LAEP offers a plethora of services and resources for parents and family members of students here at Ford Blvd. Elementary. Programing includes but is not limited to: nutrition classes, financial literacy workshops, resource fairs, college/career planning, and so much more!
Principal of the Day
Students can save their Bulldog Paws to be the Principal of the Day. They get to experience a day as the school's principal, with a walkie-talkie and clipboard in hand! This gives students the opportunity to dress up, write referrals, catch students being good, and make announcements over the PA system!
After-School Program - Youth Development Program (YDP)
- Academic Assistance
- Recreation in elementary schools
- In support of the LAUSD Superintendent’s goals, trained personnel provide participants with academic assistance that span the curriculum. Daily lessons that engage children in activities that support academic achievement beyond the regular school day are planned, and educational support materials that are age-appropriate and designed to enhance student learning are provided at each Youth Development Program site. Library books, recreational reading materials, literacy kits, and other materials are provided to enhance student performance in reading, math, science, and social studies.
- Daily recreation instruction and activities that engage students and reinforce the Physical Education curriculum are provided. Multicultural activities, rhythmic activities, team activities, skill games, cooperative games, and quiet games are provided on a daily basis. Successful participation in these activities promote the development of a positive self-image, physical fitness, body awareness, sportsmanship, leadership skills, team work, character building, cooperative social skills, and a desire to make recreation an integral and important part of their daily lives.
- Planned enrichment activities are the centerpiece of the Youth Development Program. Students eagerly participate in these very special enrichment activities conducted by traveling enrichment programs staff or site personnel 40 minutes daily. These special and unique programs stimulate students to explore new horizons, expand creativity, experience different cultures, broaden their base of knowledge, and increase their repertoire of learned skills.
Parent & Family Engagement
Here at Ford Blvd. Elementary, we value parent and family engagement. Not only do we create school programing for students, but we also offer programing for parents and families as well! Parents receive monthly newsletters and calendars where they are able to either tune in to workshops on Zoom or in person!