"Where Every Child Is A Star!"
December 30, 2019
A Special Note from Ms. Schmit
There are no words that are adequate enough to thank you, the students, our staff and former colleagues, students and community members for the many notes, letters, gifts and remembrances given to me in the month of December as I prepared to leave Simpson to begin the next chapter in my life's journey. I have saved the cards, emails and notes, so I can remember the many memories I have of my happily chosen career. I am overwhelmed.
I confess - it will feel differently for me next Monday when all the superstars return to school to begin the second semester of this school year. It will take great restraint to keep me from peeking in the windows to see how everyone is doing! :-)
I know all of you will warmly welcome Ms. Margaret Ackerman as our interim principal. She is a veteran principal and an outstanding educator who puts the best interests of children first in her decision making. I thank Ms. Ackerman in advance for take such good care of everyone!
Then, in just a few weeks, Dr. Connery will step in and lead Simpson to greater heights! I'm excited to see what the future holds for Simpson - a true flagship school of Gwinnett County Public Schools.
For now, I wish you and your families a happy New Year and a year filled with special memories.
Thank you to all the Simpson families that helped fill the sleigh for our Toy Drive with the Norcross Cooperative Ministry. Amanda Fraraccio and our Community Drive Team volunteers did an amazing job once again! Thank you!
Each month our Family Support & Outreach Team hosts a breakfast for our Superstar Special Education staff members. Thank you Silvia Martin, Mary Javed, Erica Marshall and Melanie Pursell for all your hard work and devotion. Also, thank you to all the parents that have donated your time, baked goods and gift cards to support the ongoing needs in our classrooms. If you would like to volunteer to help this wonderful crew in the new year, please email: email@example.com
YEARBOOKS ON SALE AGAIN IN JANUARY!
Yearbooks will be on sale for the LAST TIME from January 6 - January 20, 2020:
● Cost is $40 each
● Purchase the yearbook online at balfour.com via credit card or send payment (check or money order) to school with your child. Cash will not be accepted. Please be sure that both your child’s name and teacher’s name are on the check. Also, remember to select Simpson Elementary School in Norcross, GA on the balfour.com website.
● LAST DAY to purchase yearbooks is January 20, 2019. Yearbooks will not be available for purchase in May.
● 5th-grade parents only: If you have already purchased your 5th grader's baby ad, you have until January 20, 2020, to upload the photos and text according to the instructions you received in the email from Balfour. If you missed the original deadline to purchase a baby ad, we will open sales again on January 6, 2020. This will be the LAST TIME to purchase baby ads.
If you have any questions, please email the yearbook committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW SCIENCE FAIR GUIDELINES - HOT OFF THE PRESS!
The Science Fair will be Thursday, January 23 from 5-8 PM!
New focus on STEM projects with potential for community impact.
Science Fair Flyer HERE
Informational packet HERE
To register, please visit: https://forms.gle/EiZTrSidvdp9ZiRp6
Entry forms due January 6!
BOX TOPS OVER THE HOLIDAYS!
Keep collecting those Box Tops!
● Send 10 trimmed unexpired box tops per snack-size Ziploc bag.
● Include child’s name, teacher and grade on each bag.
● Tell children to put the bags in the “Box Tops” box located in Simpson Square.
Remember to also use the Box Tops app to scan your store receipt within 14 days of purchase. The app will automatically find the products and instantly add Box Tops to our school’s earnings online.
Thank you for supporting our school programs.
WE WANT YOUR INPUT ABOUT OUR ART FUNDRAISER!
This year, Ms. Callas, our awesome Art teacher, switched from Square 1 Art to Original Works Yours. Now that student art projects have been ordered, Ms. Callas would like to gather parent feedback to determine which company to move ahead with next year.
Would you please take this short survey? Thanks so much!!
SIMPSON TALENT SHOW COMING SOON!
Calling all 4th & 5th Graders...It's time to start getting your acts together!
The annual Student Council "Simpson's Got Talent" is coming soon and we would love for you to show us your talent!
We are looking for unique acts (think America's Got Talent). Group acts are highly encouraged. Winter break is a great time to get together with friends and come up with your act.
The application deadline is Fri, Jan 10. Auditions will be held after school on Jan 21 & 22. This year’s Talent Show will be held Fri, Feb 28 with a mandatory dress rehearsal on Tue, Feb 18.
Look for applications coming soon in Friday Folders and on the PTA website.
Please email Courtney Rogers at email@example.com with any questions.