Making an Impact
Lakeview Staff Newsletter - August 2019
There is truly a lot to read and understand in the links below. Please be sure to set aside time to fully understand the documents and schedules that are part of this newsletter so that we can launch our year efficiently and effectively. There are even some school supply pieces that need a response by August 23rd. See you soon!
Jessica (Jessie) Smith - 5th grade teacher
Kristen Mortier - 4th grade teacher
Bronwyn Knapp - 2/3 special education
Sarah Hartung - 4/5 special education
Kasia Drake-Hames - Art teacher
Brienne Nillissen - Social Worker
Samantha (Sam) McGarvey - School Psychologist
Tanya Fox - Social-Emotional Learning specialist
Lakeview Guidelines Document
Also - if there are things you think should be added or clarified, please let me know.
Opening Week Schedules
Here is a link to the letter. Please know that the schedule will continue to be updated, so you might want to save a link to it as opposed to printing it. Also contained in the letter are links to information about our Vistelar training day and ID photos.
Our Lakeview specific meetings will be:
• Monday, August 26 from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, August 28 from 8:00-10:30 a.m.
• Open House is Wednesday night from 5-7 p.m.
• New SDSM staff at Lakeview - you will meet with our Technology Integration Coach, Tammy Lind, from 1:00-1:30 p.m. on Friday, August 30th.
You will need to be sure to get your ID picture taken at the high school. See the letter from Dr. Weiss about this. Your ID badge will be printed for you immediately. I'm guessing most of us are going to want to find time on Friday, August 30th for this.
Staff Meeting Dates for 2019-20
Dates for this year's meetings are found on the Lakeview staff calendar, and they are:
Sept 11 & 25
October 16 & 23
November 6 & 20
December 4 & 18
January 15 & 29
February 12 & 26
April 1, 15, 29
May 13 & 27
School Supplies - Info needed by 8/23
Remember that the school supply list for this year is new. Your students will be bringing the items on this list. I need two things from classroom teachers:
1. If you need a classroom set of scissors, please let Roxanne know by Friday, August 23rd. These are not on the student supply list anymore.
2. If there is something you need that is not on the supply list (i.e., "Our grade level absolutely needed purple folders"), please let Roxanne know by Friday, August 23rd. Remember that we will not reimburse purchases that you make on your own. Orders are placed through the office.
Extra wipes, ziploc baggies, etc. will go into lockers by the library for community use. You will probably get a lot of these, but do not need to find space for it all in your room.
How to invite someone on Google Calendar
If you don't know how to create a Google Calendar invite or how to invite someone to the party, please see this very exciting, 57-second video.
Be sure to add my calendar to your list of "Other calendars" in Google Calendar and check my availability before sending an invite.