West Buncombe Elementary
- Mark your calendars for this year's "Holiday Meal" on November 16th. This year families can attend with their children on November 16th. Please RSVP using this link so we can have an accurate estimate of how many non-students will be attending. Adult lunches are priced at $4.75 we take cash and check but NO cards. This will make the line move faster and more efficiently, while also making it a little easier. *Teachers will share specific lunch times with you as we get closer to the date.
- October 31st is Halloween, students will not be permitted to wear Halloween costumes to school. This is also a 2-hour early dismissal, so make sure your child knows how they are getting home that day.
- Please be sure to meet with your child's teacher for a conference if you have not already.
- As the weather is changing, please remember to send warm layers for your child for recess. Playing outside is an important part of our students' day. We also have a lot of "Lost-and-Found" jackets near the theater. If you'd like to check for your child's jacket, please sign in at the front office.
- Are you missing a jacket or water bottle? Of course, you are! We have dozens and dozens of jackets, sweatshirt, and water bottles here at school that have been unclaimed. Please remind your child to take a look for their missing item in our lost and found. Any unclaimed garments will be donated on November 10th.
11/7 NEW Booster-Thon PTO fundraiser KickOffs!
11/8 Election Day, No School
11/9 Report Cards sent home
11/10 Makeup Pictures, link to order form
11/11 Veterans Day, No School
11/14-15 Grades 3-4 NC Check-In assessments
11/15 9:30am and 1:30pm - Parent Tours (rising Kindergarteners)
11/16 Holiday Meal
11/17 Fun Run PTO Fundraiser
11/22 9:30am and 1:30pm - Parent Tours (rising Kindergarteners)
11/29 9:30am and 1:30pm - Parent Tours (rising Kindergarteners)
Field Trip, 2nd grade
Ready Rosie, what is it?
Resources & Materials
ReadyRosie Videos YouTube Channel
What is ReadyRosie?
ReadyRosie is an online resource that emails daily activities to adults to do with their children ages 0-5. Each activity is modeled with a two-minute video. The activities are simple, take about two minutes, and help prepare children for success in school. This early education tool helps families, schools, and communities across the nation deepen and scale their family engagement efforts. These tools leverage the power of video modeling, family workshops, professional development opportunities, and mobile technology to build powerful partnerships between families and educators, resulting in Ready Families, Ready Educators, Ready Children.
How Does ReadyRosie Work?
Simply watch a video, do the activity modeled in the video with your child, and everyone learns something new! The activities can be done at home, in the car, at the grocery store, restaurants, or wherever real life happens. The videos come right to your mobile device, tablet, or computer.
How Do I Sign Up for ReadyRosie?
Any parent living within Buncombe County Schools attendance boundaries can register for ReadyRosie. Just go to www.readyrosie.com/register and enter your zip code or download ReadyRosie on your mobile phone or tablet at right.
I Have Registered for ReadyRosie. What's Next?
Once registered, parents will begin receiving weekly emails and/or text messages with videos and activities. The free subscription also allows parents to download the ReadyRosie mobile app for their iPhone or Android device. Parents have access to the entire ReadyRosie video library, including ReadyRosie Baby.