PVE Veterans Day Celebration
Observed on November 13, 2017
Veterans Day at Pleasant View
Pleasant View Elementary will be honoring our community’s Veterans with two school convocations on Monday, November 13, 2017.
1st Program in Upper Gym
*Reception following in LGI from 11:00-11:30 am
All Pre-K classes (5)
Kdg: McCune, Crone, Diemer
1st: Daugherty, Frye, Hall
2nd: Pullen, Owens, Weesies
3rd: Branchick, Mybeck, Niemeier
4th: Carney, Compton, Gay
2nd Program in Upper Gym
*Reception prior in LGI from 12:30-1:00 pm
Kdg: Boudreau, Estes, Fornuto, Hilton
1st: Knapik, Reber, Wagner, Wyatt
2nd: Parks, Dawson, Martinelli, Smith
3rd: Ruoff, Schmaltz, Stillions, Williams
4th: Gray, Hamlow, Mikesell
Students should plan to wear these colors:
- RED - Preschool, Kindergarten, and 2nd Grade Students
- WHITE - 1st Grade Students
- BLUE - 3rd and 4th Grade Students
Parking and Door Entrances
Doors 2, 3, and 7 will be open starting at 10 am for seating for our first Veteran's Day Program.
Video Presentation Honoring Veterans
We would like to recognize the veterans of our staff and students’ families by creating a special video presentation for Veterans Day.
- In order for your Veteran to be honored in our video presentation, please email one picture of the Veteran(s) who you would like to recognize during our program.
- Email your Veteran(s) photo no later than Tuesday, November 7th to the Veterans Day committee at firstname.lastname@example.org . Sorry but late entries will not be accepted due to production and editing time.
- Please include the following information below in your email : Veterans name and Branch of Service.
- Veterans do not have to be present to be included in the video presentation.
Indy Honor Flight
Here at Pleasant View we will be collecting donations for Indy Honor Flight, as another way to honor Veterans.
Indy Honor Flight is a non-profit organization created solely to honor Indiana's Veterans for all their sacrifices. They transport our heroes to Washington, D.C. to visit and reflect at their memorials. The Indy Honor Flight organization honors Veterans who have served during World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam. The most senior Veterans and the terminally ill are prioritized. They fly FREE thanks to donations to the organization.
Each Indy Honor flight costs approximately $450. If every student brought in just $1 we would be able to pay for 2 veterans to go on the Honor Flight!
If you would like more information about Indy Honor Flight, or know a Veteran who would like to fill out a flight application, please visit www.indyhonorflight.org .
- If your family would like to participate, please send your donation in an envelope to school with your child by Friday, November 10th, along with the name(s) of the Veteran(s) you would like to honor.
- Please Make Checks Payable to Indy Honor Flight.
- All Veteran names will be displayed on a Wall of Remembrance in our front office area.