By Keara Simmons
- Many swampy areas and small lakes (left by glaciers)
- Nutrient-lacking and acidic soil
- Mat of needles and tree debris covers forest floor
- 12-33 inches of rain each year
- Depend on fire to clear debris and release seeds
Animal Life Forms
Plant and Tree Life Forms
Threats to Coniferous Forests
Biodiversity is the variety of life forms in a particular area or ecosystem.
In Canada alone, one acre of forest is cut every 12.9 seconds!!
Pollution and carbon from fossil fuels is another hazard, as well as hunting, mining, construction, and oil exploration.