A Small Problem
Smallest Man Alive - Chandra Bahadur Dangi
A victim of Dwarfism
Peter Dinklage - Game of Thrones
Famous victim of dwarfism
A victim of dwarfism that also had bad vision
What Is It?
Dwarfism is a dominant trait and is located on the 4th chromosome.
How Do People Get It?
- Bowed legs during growth
- Short fingers, legs, well everything.
- An adult height of less than 4 foot 10 inches
- Difficulty opening doors (If you can reach at all)
- Cannot carry groceries without dragging on ground (Because of height and muscle strength)
- Risky to cross roads as cars cannot see them.
Professional Illustration of Dwarfism
Can it be diagnosed?
Is it common to a certain group of people?
Insert shunt into the skull to drain excess fluid and relieve pain. (Don't think about it too much)
A tracheotomy to improve breathing
Prognosis for future
The Quality of Life: Lots of things you can't do, judged by appearance, but you can easily get a free drink at restaurants pretending to be a child.
Jobs: Hard to find a jobs with such a disability other than a circus performer, actor, or Santa's elf
Dwarfism is a problem, a small problem, but should not be overlooked. Many people suffer from dwarfism and others who don't need to be educated.
(And also because it was for school)