IT - Application Training & Support
MARCH 26, 2020
DAILY TECH TIPS FOR AT HOME LEARNING
Thanks to generous vendor donations, access has been expanded for many of our Clever Application such as iStation and Imagine Math.
WHAT'S NEW IN TODAY'S TECH TIPS
SCROLL DOWN TO REVIEW THE ADDED TIPS FOR TODAY
STUDENTS / FAMILIES SECTION:
- Wi-Fi Availability - Spectrum has been added to the list
TEACHERS / COUNSELORS SECTION:
- VPN Access - the documents needed to submit a Remedyforce ticket for VPN Access
- PowerSchool Learning - Updates about virtual classroom and discussion feature
- Teachers with Existing Zoom Account- Switching to a new account
- Teacher Zoom Link - How a teacher can create a Zoom link to share with students
- Teams Meeting - Joining a Microsoft Team Meeting
WI-FI RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS/FAMILIES
AT&T has a program for qualified individuals for $5 or $10 per month for home internet access
Charter has a program for qualified individuals for $14.99 per month for home internet access
Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
ZOOM FOR STUDENTS
JOINING A MICROSOFT TEAM MEETING
Also here is a link as an additional resource:
VPN ACCESS FORM
Virtual Private Network
If you have a district computer/laptop you can request VPN access but submitting a Remedyforce ticket with the attached requested from.
The link provides resources created by the Professional and Digital Learning Department for learning management system.
As we continue to further optimize our performance service levels, and to ensure that all teachers and students using our solutions are successful when collaborating and working together, we recommend considering the following short-term tips.
- To effectively host your virtual classroom without interruptions, we encourage teachers to, if possible, avoid mass uploading large files and grading between peak hours 9 am - 4 pm EST. This will enable your students to quickly upload and complete their classwork assignments during high use times without interruptions.
- The ‘Discussions’ feature was designed for asynchronous communication over an extended period. It is for this reason; we recommend teachers should not use ‘Discussions’ for real-time chat. When you find that you need to communicate with your students in real-time or over chat, please consider using similar platforms such as Zoom while collaborating and teaching in PowerSchool Learning.
SKYPE FOR BUSINESS
- Skype for Business Quick Reference Guides
- Skype for Business on Mobile Devices
- How to Identify your District Phone Number
IT Communication Guides: https://www.dallasisd.org/Page/25207
USING GOOGLE CLASSROOM
The link provides resources created by the Professional and Digital Learning Department for Google Classroom.
ZOOM FOR TEACHERS
Zoom for Teachers
For Teachers: How do I use Zoom through the Clever Portal?
TEACHERS WITH EXISTING ZOOM ACCOUNT
Users with existing accounts will receive an email asking them to switch to the new Zoom account, Carrie Dexter (dallasisd.zoom.us)’.
To link to students in Clever, Click ‘Switch to new account’.
CREATING YOUR TEACHER ZOOM LINK IN CLEVER
CLEVER APP: ISTATION
Thanks to generous vendor donations, access has been expanded to include the following:
Access for all teachers and students for the remainder of the school year scheduled in:
- Math sections, grades 3-5
- RLA sections, grades 3-8
- PK-2 students currently have access to these iStation programs through a district purchase.
CLEVER APP: IMAGINE MATH
Imagine Math: access to Imagine Math has been expanded to include all teachers/students scheduled in a math section
- Subscription Dates: 3/21/2020 - 4/30/2020
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY| 9400 NORTH CENTRAL EXPRESSWAY, DALLAS, TX 75231