Totem Falls Raven Review
Friday, February 4, 2022
*NEW* ATTENDANCE EMAIL
We have a new attendance email. You can still call 360-563-4751 to report an absence OR use the new email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8: Volunteer zoom orientation, 10:00 am & 5:30 pm
17: Report Cards Sent Home
18-21: Mid-Winter Break *NO SCHOOL*
23: PTO Board Meeting & General Meeting
16: Spring into Kindergarten event
28-April 1: Parent Teacher Conferences
MESSAGE FROM DR. CHURCH
Dear Totem Falls Parents,
It has been a welcome sight to see some of our parent volunteers in classrooms and around school helping out the last few weeks. I wanted to let you know about another volunteer training opportunity coming up. Next Wednesday, February 8th, Mrs. Bidne and I will be sharing volunteer expectations and processes for you to be able to volunteer at school. This is for people who have not had the training yet. We will host two sessions on Zoom with one being at 10:00 AM and the other at 5:30 PM. I hope one of these will work for you. This orientation is a requirement due to safety protocols you will want to be clear about. A message with the Zoom link will be coming out soon in a Skyward message. Hope to see you next Wednesday!
If a student is going to be absent or tardy from school, the parent/guardian needs to call the school’s absentee message line, 360-563-4751, or email email@example.com, before 9:00 a.m. in the morning. Messages may be left on this message line at any time night or day. If we have not heard from you, we will attempt to call you to verify your student’s safety. For safety reasons, no student may leave the school campus during the school day without being signed out in person by his/her guardian or a designated adult.
According to Snohomish School District policy, absences due to illness or a health condition; a religious observance when requested by the student’s parents; a school approved activity; a family emergency; a school disciplinary action or short-term suspension as required by state law, are excused.
All are invited to watch the 4th grade music class concert.
A NOTE ABOUT VALENTINE'S DAY
Valentine's Day is coming up quickly. This is a traditional party day and many classrooms will be celebrating by sharing valentines and playing games. We will NOT be having any outside food coming in. We will still have a daily snack break and students can bring their own special snack for that day. We are aware that many packaged valentines have candy as a part of the message and those will be OK, as student will bring them home that day. We will be asking students to refrain from eating the candy until it arrives home and is checked by a parent due to individual student allergies.
SPRING INTO KINDERGARTEN
Mark your calendars for our Spring Into Kindergarten event. All 2022-2023 kindergarten families and students are highly encouraged to attend. Spring Into Kindergarten will be held on Wednesday, March 16, from 4-7 p.m. at district elementary schools. Families should complete and return their kindergarten registration paperwork that day. Each school will also be conducting school tours and having important information available for families (WaKIDS, PTA/PTO/parent organizations, bus transportation, special services and more)
More event information and registration materials will be available in the coming weeks. Learn more at www.sno.wednet.edu/kindergarten.
REPLACEMENT LEVIES ON FEBRUARY 2022 BALLOT
At a December 8 meeting, the Snohomish School District Board of Directors adopted resolutions to place two propositions before voters on the February 8, 2022, ballot. Voters will consider two replacement levies - Educational Programs and Operations Replacement Levy and the Replacement Levy for Technology, Safety and Facility Improvements. Both levies would replace similar levies approved by voters in 2018 and are set to expire at the end of 2022.
K-12 ISOLATION, QUARANTINE AND TESTING GUIDANCE CHANGES
On Friday, January 7, the Washington State Department of Health updated its K-12 COVID-19 Requirements for the 2021-2022 School Year. Specifically, the new official requirements included:
- Updated isolation, quarantine, and testing recommendations to align with recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention changes.
- Expanded eligibility for and activities allowed during modified quarantine in Test to Stay programs.
Information regarding the specifics of each of those changes, as well as implementation here in the Snohomish School District, are available at the district links below:
- Isolation (tested positive for COVID-19) – www.sno.wednet.edu/covid19/isolation
- Quarantine (close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID-19) – www.sno.wednet.edu/covid19/quarantine
- Test to Stay Program - www.sno.wednet.edu/covid19/testtostay
- Household Exposures – www.sno.wednet.edu/covid19/householdexposures
- Sick? – www.sno.wednet.edu/covid19/sickness
- Testing – www.sno.wednet.edu/covid19/testing
- District COVID-19 Self-Reporting Tool - www.sno.wednet.edu/covid19/selfreport
- District’s COVID-19 Dashboard – www.sno.wednet.edu/covid19/districtdashboard
- SimpleReport Rapid Antigen Testing Registration – www.sno.wednet.edu/simplereport
4/5/6 HIGHLY CAPABLE PROGRAM INFORMATION
Snohomish School District students who will be in the 4th through 6th grade next year and are invited to participate in the district’s 4/5/6 Elementary Highly Capable Program which provides learning opportunities around depth, complexity, and acceleration. If interested, the below dates and information are important. Students currently enrolled in the 4/5/6 Elementary Highly Capable Program do not need to complete the referral process.
- Tuesday, December 14 - Referral packets for the 4/5/6 Elementary Highly Capable Program will be available at all elementary schools, online and at the Snohomish School District Resource and Service Center (1601 Avenue D in Snohomish) in English, Spanish and Russian. Referral packets can be downloaded from the district website.
- Click here to download the Elementary 4/5/6 Highly Capable Program Application Packet - English (2022-2023 School Year)
- Click here to download the Elementary 4/5/6 Highly Capable Program Application Packet - Spanish (2022-2023 School Year)
- Click here to download the Elementary 4/5/6 Highly Capable Program Application Packet - Russian (2022-2023 School Year)
Questions can be directed to Linda Varner at 360-563-7296 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Julie Francois at 360-563-7258 or email@example.com.
- Monday, January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day (no school)
- Monday, January 31, 2022 - Non-Student Day (no school)
- Friday, February 18-Monday, February 21, 2022 - Mid-Winter Break (no school)
- Monday, March 28-Friday, April 1, 2022- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Friday, April 1, 2022 - Half-day early release
- Monday, April 4-Friday, April 8, 2022 - Spring Break (no school)
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day (no school)
- Friday, June 17, 2022 - Last Day of School (tentative pending any snow/inclement weather make-up days)
TOTEM FALLS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com.