Golden Eagle Times
January 22, 2018
1/29-Reality Fair for Seniors
2/1-Senior pictures and quotes due to Mrs. Eccles
2/2-Winterfest, boys basketball vs. Blissfield, JV 5:30 PM, Varsity will follow
2/2-Winterfest dance for 9-12 grades directly following the basketball game until 11 PM
2/15-Final New York trip payment is due
2/16-Half day for students and staff
2/19-President's Day, no school for students and staff
2/21-MIPHY given to all 7, 9 and 11 grade students
2/23-Junior High Dance, CCHS Fitness Center Gym, 6:30-8:30 PM
2/27-Jackson Area Career Center Open House, 4-7 PM
2/28-JAC3 Manufacturing program parent/student meeting, high school library, 6:30 PM
3/1-FAFSA application deadline
3/6-FREE BREAKFAST FOR ALL DISTRICT STUDENTS
3/12-No school for students, Professional Development for teachers
3/15-Blood Drive, CCHS Gymnasium
3/16-End of the third marking period
3/16- Advanced Placement test money due to Mrs. Diefenthaler
3/16, 3/17 & 3/18-"Nice Work If You Can Get It" Musical, Columbia Performing Arts Center
3/29-Half day for students and staff
3/30-4/6-Spring Break, no school for students and staff
4/9-4/13 New York trip, Testing week
4/18-Junior High Spring Pictures
SAVE THE DATE
State testing begins directly after Spring Break
4/19-Job Shadowing Day for 11th grade students
4/28/18-Prom, Jackson College Potter Center
5/30-Senior Breakfast and graduation practice
6/1/18-Graduation, Jackson College Potter Center
Winterfest, January 29-February 2
Spirit Week Theme Days
Thursday-Teacher Thursday-Dress like your favorite teacher
Friday-BLUE AND GOLD DAY!! GO EAGLES!
- Iron Man Volleyball game/Hope Run Fundraiser will be held on Tuesday, January 30 at 1:30 PM-the cost is $1 to attend
- Pep Assembly is on Friday, February 2 at 1:30 PM
- Winterfest game vs. Blissfield on Friday, JV begins at 5:30 PM and Varsity will follow
- After the game-high school glow dance until 11 PM
American One Federal Credit Union will host the Half Court Contest on February 9
Junior High Robotics Team is accepting new team members
Attention High School Students Looking for Volunteer Hours
Senior Portrait and Quote Information
Congratulations on your child being a Senior at Columbia Central! Every senior will need to submit both their senior picture and their senior quote by February 1, 2018. If their photo or quote do not meet the requirements, they may be returned to the student to re-submit or may be removed from the yearbook entirely. The requirements for both are as follows:
Must show face
Professional photo (no selfies)
Must be dressed appropriately
They do not need to be portrait style
Must be 20 words or less
Must be appropriate (No explicit language or imagery)
You may email both of these to Elizabeth.Eccles@myeagles.org.
Please check out this important student information from Mrs. Diefenthaler:
- February 5 we will be presenting information about scholarships and FAFSA to our seniors.
- We have a representative coming in to present the updated information for the Foundation for Columbia Schools Scholarship. Most local scholarships are due before Spring Break.
- President's Day weekend the College and Career Access Center will be having their FAFSA Open House for the final push to finish up the applications.
- We will be having exciting give aways and drawings for students who have finished the FAFSA before March 1.
After School Support is Available for High School and Junior High Students
- After school study help is available every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:35-3:45 PM with Mrs. Schmidt and Mrs. Eastman. Bus transportation home is provided.
- 8th hour credit recovery with Mrs. Samson every Monday.
- After school math help is available every Tuesday.
- Teachers may be available for assistance on other days of the week when set up in advance.
Most Teens Don't, National Drug Facts Week, January 22-28
GOLDEN CASH BASH & BUFFET DINNER TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!!
The 4th annual Golden Cash Bash will be held on Saturday, February 24, 2018, from 5:00 pm to 10:30 PM at the Gene Davis & Sons Banquet & Convention Center. The cost is $80 per ticket, and each ticket will admit two people. Tickets are available for purchase in all district offices.
Vaping-Information for Parents and Students
The use of Vapes or E-Cigarettes are on the rise. While they are legal for purchase to those 18 and older, they are not permitted on the school campus at anytime. This is addressed in our School Code of Conduct. The use of E-Cigarettes also have negative health risks.
Please take time to read through this important information for parents to protect your child from the health concerns that result from their use. Attached are some resources below:https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/default.htm
Polar Plunge Fundraiser
Donations Accepted for Fur-Ever Small Dog Rescue in Jackson
Everybody likes prizes, right? Fur-Ever Small Dog Rescue in Jackson is looking for your help in donating dog supplies. Junior high and high school students, as well as adults, are welcome to participate. Make sure to write your name on what you bring to be put in the drawing. There will be a box in the cafeteria to put your supplies in. Donations will be collected until the beginning of March. Prizes vary from graduation invitations, senior photo prints, candy, or a $10 gift card of your choosing.
7th, 9th and 11th Grade Students will take the MIPHY on February 21
The parent letter and fact sheet is attached below. You may choose to NOT have your child take the survey by returning the form or calling the school office. You do not need to return the form if your child has permission to take the survey.