OHES Paw Prints
Principal's Update - Back to School Edition - August, 2018
It's hard to believe that in a very short time school will be back in session. The staff and I look forward to welcoming back returning students and brand new students to Orchard Hill Elementary School! The school has been buzzing with excitement this summer as the last of many referendum projects are completed. Two more student bathrooms and a staff restroom have been renovated. Additional colorful tables and chairs have been added to our media center to complete the makeover. The custodial staff have been working hard to ready the school for September. You will be impressed when you come to visit our school. It looks amazing! Below are some pictures that I hope will excite everyone about coming back to school.
Our Montgomery Elementary School PTA co-presidents for the upcoming year are Mrs. Janice Huang and Mrs. Ashley Friedman. They have been working hard with their team of volunteers to plan special events for the year and encourage you to get involved. They will make sure we have many Welcome Week volunteers to assist the children in finding their way to classrooms during the first days of school and we are grateful for their help. Please visit the PTA link for more information on how you can get involved in our school.
On Friday, 8/24, you will be able to access your child's placement for the school year through Parent Resources. We have worked diligently to place your child in the best possible setting. Please know that at this time we will not be able to accommodate any requests for classroom changes. Thank you for your understanding. Once in Parent Resources you will navigate to a welcome letter from your child's teacher. Also be sure to look at our Parent/Student handbook for more information about our school.
To view student placement information:
1) Visit https://parents.mtsd.k12.nj.us
2) Enter your username, which is your email address, and your password. If you forget your password, use the "forgot my password" link. Your password will then be sent by email. If you are unable to log in or do not have an account, please contact Jaime Velez at email@example.com
3) Click on documents and view the teacher's welcome letter
There will be steps to follow before you are able to view your child's placement. Look for a letter from the district regarding this information.
I look forward to seeing you at our upcoming Open House events and Back-to-School Nights. It's going to be an fantastic year!
Mrs. Scotti, Principal
Welcome from the Assistant Principal!
Greetings to all OHES parents and students! I am so excited to become a part of the Orchard Hill community for the 2018-19 school year. I’ve spent some time this August working with Mrs. Scotti and some of the other administrators in the district as I work to get up to speed in time for September 6th! Although I have only been around the building and staff for a few weeks, I have experienced the positive and nurturing climate that makes OHES such a wonderful school. I look forward to meeting you all as we get the school year underway, and students, when you see me in the hallway the first few days of school, please stop and say hello! Until then….
Mr. Dan Van Hise
Important Upcoming Events
August 29, Grades 1 and 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon
Please park in the main lot under the solar panels. Volunteers from our PTA will welcome you at the main front entrance of the building. We are excited to have you visit the school and find your child's classroom. Be sure to get your Passport to Learning before beginning your tour.
September 5, PreK and Kindergarten AM 1:00 - 1:30, PM 2:00 - 2:30
Please park in the main lot under the solar panels and walk the sidewalk in the front of the school to the west entrance of the building. PTA volunteers will welcome you at this entrance.
SCHOOL PICTURE DAYS - Bring Your Smile!
Thursday, October 4 and Friday, October 5.
You will be notified by your child’s teacher when your child's class is scheduled.
Parent Pick-Up Procedures
Student safety is a number one priority at our school. If you are picking up your child at dismissal please follow the process as outlined below:
● Parent Pickup is on the EAST SIDE ONLY at 3:45 pm. For the safety of our students , adults picking up may be asked to produce identification at any time. We recommend carrying a photo ID at all times. Parents/Guardians should enter the East gym from the doors near the parking lot, sign out his/her child(ren) and then exit out the front door on the East wing.
● All students require a dated note with parent/guardian signature. If an adult who is not listed as an emergency contact in Genesis is to pick up the child(ren), then he/she must be named in the note and will be asked to produce identification upon pickup.
● Change in dismissal, after school activities, and parent pick up require a note from the parent or guardian. Please make sure to date all notes.
● If signing out a child after 3:00 pm you must park in the main parking lot. Do not park in 10 minute spots or fire lane lanes.
● If you need to make a change in your child’s dismissal plan during the day, please call the school at 609-466-7605 by 2:00 pm.
● If you send an email to your child’s teacher about a change in dismissal plans, it is important to still call the school at 609-466-7605 to inform the main office by 2:00 pm as teachers are unable to check email during instructional time.
Back-to-School Night Kindergarten and Preschool
Thursday, Sep. 20th, 6pm
244 Orchard Road
Back-to-School Night Grades 1 and 2
Wednesday, Sep. 26th, 6pm
Orchard Hill Elementary School
Follow Us on Twitter!
There are many exciting things happening everyday at OHES. We will share these special events and learning that happens on Twitter. Please follow us for updates happening at OHES on Twitter at @MONTYOHES.