CSA Lincoln Newsletter
July 29th, 2016
Principal's Notes and Highlights
This week's background is a tribute to the last weekend before school starts! We look forward to welcoming our students back next week. In addition to the staff on duty in the mornings you may see a few firefighters from the Columbus Fire Department greeting students back to school. This will be an opportunity for them to check traffic patterns during the morning rush and connect with students. We aren't certain which day(s) they will be here yet, but we are happy to have them!
A few updates:
- We look forward to seeing you at our Open House on Tuesday, August 2nd. All are welcome between 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- If you are a new family to CSA Lincoln, please be sure to visit the welcome table in the gym on the first floor.
- We will be available to help complete lunch and textbook assistance forms.
- Bus drivers will be available to answer your transportation questions.
- The first student day will be Wednesday, August 3rd. School starts promptly at 7:45 AM.
Back to School Packet- Now Available Electronic Fillable!
Do you suffer hand fatigue from filling out all the back to school forms? Are you the parent of multiple students and have nightmares about completing the same form 2, 3, 4 or even 5 times? Here is our solution. Everyone will still receive the manila envelope of the Back to School Packet, but you can now fill these out electronically!
You will still need to complete the BLUE nurse card and the Free/Reduced Lunch/Textbook assistance forms in the packet!
- Once you click the link, download it (down arrow).
- Select File-Save As, and title the document your student's first and last name (i.e. Calvin Findley).
- Open the pdf document from where you saved it.
- When you have completed the forms you can email them to our secretary Kristen Sparks at email@example.com or print and return.
- For those with multiple students you can simply take your original document, select "Save As" and list the other student's name and then just change the student information.
BCSC Elementary Enrollment Forms (Once you click the down arrow at the top, you can open it and it will be accessible to type. Don't forget to "Save As" your student name.)
Video Tutorial-downloading these forms
2015-2016 ISTEP results and rescore process
Rescore Process- I am making phone calls regarding students who were close to achieving a Pass or Pass+ score on the ISTEP test. In addition, a document was included with the letter sent home with information on how you could request a rescore. Any parent, whether your student's score was close to a benchmark or not, can request a rescore by doing so online or completing the form below. The score will either stay the same or improve. It cannot be dropped due to a rescore so it's a win-win situation.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have questions.
K-3 Growth Model Report Cards
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
What is REMIND?
Principals everywhere are forgetting their complex phone trees and are using Remind as a simple way to keep their colleagues in the loop and build community at their schools.
Click on the Get Connected with REMIND above this article.