September 3, 2017
Pray for Texas T's
Papa Johns and Chicken Express
Starting Tuesday, September 12th, we will be serving a Chicken Express meal that includes: 3 tenders, mashed potato/gravy, & a biscuit for $5.00. Orders will need to be placed by Tuesday, September 5th, but money will not be taken until delivery on Tuesday, September 12th.
Chicken E will be on Tuesdays and Papa Johns will be on Thursdays the remainder of the year.
Brock Community Gear Store
Brock Athletics is now offering the Brock Fall 2017 Community Store. In order to purchase please go to the following website:
Then enter sales code: HZH77
Please view the attached flyer for more information.
The store will be open from today thru September 12th
Upcoming This Week:
Monday, September 4th
- Labor Day - School Holiday
Tuesday, September 5th
- Orders Due for Chicken Express (students will turn in during 1st period - no money due at this time)
- 5th grade Constitution presentation 10:00 a.m. BJH
- 8th grade Washington DC Parent meeting 6:00 BJH Cafeteria
Wednesday, September 6th
- BJH Cross Country at Glen Rose 4;00 p.m.
Thursday, September 7th
- BJH Volleyball at Tolar 4:00 p.m.
- Papa Johns delivery
Friday, September 8th
- Deadline "Pray for Texas" Shirt Orders
On the Horizon:
Monday, September 11th:
BJH Volleyball vs. Peaster Home Opener 7B8B7A8A 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 12th:
5th Grade Curriculum Night 6:00 p.m.
6th grade Running Club starts after school
Chicken E 1st-day delivery
Wednesday, September 13th
- BJH Cross Country at Lipan 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 14th
BJH Pep Rally 2:50 p.m.
7th & 8th-grade BJH Football Home opener 4:30 p.m.
Dress Code Concerns
These first 7 days of school we have been diligent in trying to address concerns regarding student dress code in order to get everyone off on the right foot. There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eye brows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
6th Grade Running Club
Running club is every Tuesday for any 6th-grade student that wants to participate. Pick-up will be at the front of the building. The running club season will continue through the Coyote Chase race held at Weatherford College (date for the race is still TBA).
Questions please contact Mr. Atchley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
Required UIL Student Athlete Paperwork grades 7 - 12
Brock ISD student athletes' parents will need to fill out UIL paperwork online for the 2017-2018 school year at the following website: www.rankonesport.com
You will need to go to "for parents", then to "fill out electronic forms", then choose Texas, then choose Brock. You will need to complete login information then you will be able to complete all UIL paperwork online.
Click here for a shortcut to the online forms.
Student athletes will continue to turn in the physical paperwork to Brock ISD Trainer Sam Burton.
NHS Tutoring - Starts September 20th
- Friday, September 22nd - Homecoming
- Friday, October 20th - The Ranch (there was a date change)
BJH will host the following Pep Rallies at BJH at 2:50 p.m.:
- Thursday, September 14th
- Thursday, November 2nd
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
You can now follow in game scores and final scores for Brock athletic teams on the app “Score Stream”. Scores can be updated by users throughout the game. You will need to download the Score Stream app to your smart phone or go to https://scorestream.com/ then sign up to see Brock Eagles scores. You can also view scores on the Brock Athletic website at http://www.brockisd.net/25147
Go Eagles and Lady Eagles!!!
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com