Make Good Things Happen~ Thursday September 6, 2018
Connect with Us!
Welcome Amanda Casebere, our 2nd Grade Team Leader!
Ms. Casebere is a native Planoite and has lived here the majority of her life. She graduated in 2004 from Plano East Senior High School, and in 2009 from Stephen F. Austin State University with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies. This is Ms. Casebere's 9th year teaching. She has previously taught third and second grades in Keller ISD. When Ms. Casebere is not teaching, she loves to spend time with her son, reading books, and traveling.
Upcoming Dates and Events
- 4th and 5th grade CHOIR STARTS today. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about 4th and 5th grade choir.
- Watch D.O.G.S. Kick Off and Pizza Night~ 6:00pm. Are you a "Dad Of a Great Student?" We need you! Come learn about Watch D.O.G.S and how you can get involved at Carlisle!
- PTA Meeting in the library prior to Watch D.O.G.S at 5:45 pm.
Monday 9/24- Wednesday 9/26
- 5th Grade Camp
Calling all DADS
Are you proud to call yourself a Carlisle D.O.G.?
D.O.G.S.: DADS of GREAT STUDENTSEvery year our dads volunteer one day to come in and spend with our students. If you volunteer for a day, you will travel around the building and play games, read with students, help with supervision on the playground or the cafeteria, help us with carpool, check out activities happening in PE, art or music, but most of all; spend time with your child or children and see what a day is like for them at Carlisle. We need our Watch D.O.G.S. at Carlisle. Watch D.O.G.S are our heroes! We hope you'll consider joining us for a day this year.
Please come to our kick off and pizza night next week, Thursday, September 13th at 6:00pm in the Carlisle gym. Learn more about this great program and how you can get involved. Sorry moms, this one is for dads only.
Plano ISD Food and Nutritional Services (FANS) ~ NOW HIRING
We'd love for you to come volunteer this year!
Don't forget to Update Your Child's Information in Parent Portal
- Log onto PISD's parent portal at: http://parent.mypisd.net
- If you have never accessed the parent portal, you will need to set up a new account.
- Click on "New Registration" and set up and account using your student's ID number (this is the same number your child uses in the cafeteria) and your email address. (If you do not have an email address the easiest way to set one up is through a free service like Yahoo or gmail).
- Once you have registered and logged into parent portal, you will see tabs for each of your children.
- Click on each child's name and follow the directions for completing all of the registration information for the 2018-19 school year below.
You will need to complete the following information for each child you have enrolled in school:
- Emergency information (have current, accurate emergency phone contacts).
- Be sure to fill out health information completely. In the event of an emergency, it is very important that we have accurate information.
- Sign the Truancy Warning Letter for 2018-19.
- Sign the Student Policy Guide.
- Sign the Student Information Release Form indicating your preferences and consents.
Remember your ID
This is true for volunteering, lunch visits, attending Good Morning Carlisle on Fridays ~ anytime you are going past the front office. Thank you for your cooperation.
PACE- Plano Academic and Creative Education
This is a reminder about testing for Plano’s gifted program, PACE. The deadline for PACE referrals is on Wednesday, October 17, 2018. If you would like your child assessed for PACE, please complete the online form here: https://www.pisd.edu/giftededucation. Under the “Referral Process” section, click on Elementary Form. If you have any additional questions, or would like a paper copy of the form, feel free to contact me.
Notes from the Nurse
September is Emergency Preparedness Month
Are you ready for any emergencies that may come our way? It is important for adults, as well as children, to be prepared for emergencies. Knowing what to do and practicing what to do in case of an emergency will help keep everyone calm if an emergency does occur. You can visit Plano’s Disaster Preparedness website at https://www.plano.gov/244/Disaster-Preparedness for tips on being ready for any emergency that may affect our area.
The four main principles of emergency preparedness are:
- Be Informed
- Make a Plan
- Build a Kit
- Get Involved
Some of the ways you can prepare your child are:
- Include them in conversations about emergency preparedness
- Educate them on the four principles of emergency preparedness
- Know the emergency plan for your child(ren)’s school
- Practice evacuation plan and emergency procedures on a regular basis
- Learn how you can help your child cope in case of an emergency
- Help children memorize emergency contacts and/or have them written down in a safe place where child can access them
- Teach children about emergency numbers and when to use them, for example 911
- Allow your child to help prepare the family emergency kit
- Help your child prepare their own emergency kit
- Include a favorite toy, some board games, and favorite books in the emergency kit