Totem Falls Raven Review
Thursday, March 2, 2023
2: 1st/2nd Grade concert @ 6:30pm
3: All-School Spirit day: Crazy Hair Day
3: 1st/2nd Grade assembly @ 8:45am
3: Hansen Shoe Fund Drive ends
6: Grizzly Pals @ Totem Falls for lunch
10: All-School Spirit day: Dress Like a Teacher
11: PTO Event: Leprechaun Breakfast
A NOTE FROM DR. CHURCH
Dear Totem Falls Families,
I wanted to share with you that at our staff meeting this week I let our Totem Falls team know that I plan on retiring at the end of the year. This was not an easy decision, as I have loved serving this community over the last three years. It has been a privilege to serve as your principal and to watch your children learn and grow. There will be a process the school district will begin soon to select the next principal. It has been an honor getting to know parents/guardians, staff, students and families, and I am sure the next principal will recognize what a great school this is as well.
SAVE THE DATE: FALL BOOK FAIR…March 23-29
EVERYONE is invited: IN PERSON & ONLINE
We are excited to invite STUDENTS & THEIR FAMILIES to shop our FALL BOOK FAIR both IN PERSON (March 23-29) and ONLINE (March 23-April 4)! STUDENTS will be able to shop the fair during their assigned library class time or after school with their FAMILIES. EVERYONE will be able to shop ONLINE too. More information coming soon!
We need Book Fair volunteers to help with setup, labeling books, and cashiering. If you are interested in volunteering, please SIGN UP HERE to help before and during FALL Conference Week, any day from March 21-29. All volunteers will receive a coupon towards books at the fair. Thank you for helping us make our Book Fair the best ever!
AQUASOX READING CHALLENGE: February 27 -March 28
In honor of National Reading Month, we are started the AquaSox Reading Challenge this MONDAY, February 27th. It is a fun 4 week reading challenge that goes Monday to Monday, for the entire month of March.
Some fun AquaSox reading prizes are:
- Voucher for a Kids Meal at Port of Subs
- Voucher for a 4-pack Pin Set of Weebly
- One ticket to an AquaSox Game
THIS FRIDAY, MARCH 3: CRAZY HAIR DAY!
It's time to dress up & celebrate our 5th Annual All School Read Aloud with MORE SPIRIT FRIDAYS! Mark your calendars for the following SPIRIT FRIDAYS: Crazy Hair Day (3-3), Dress Like Your Teacher Day (3-10) and SPIRIT THURSDAY: Book Character & Author Visit (3-16).
Check out the attached flyer for more details.
Our friends at High Trek Adventures understand how important it is to be encouraging young
people to develop strong reading habits. They also know the value of getting the youth outside to enjoy the beautiful PNW. With that in mind, they have partnered with us to offer a voucher for those who complete 8 hours of recreational reading minutes during the month of March.
Students can earn a voucher for one of their locations in the surrounding area. Please see the
attached Reading Log for more information about High Trek Adventures and the vouchers they will be offering.
The Read 4 Adventure program will run through the month of March. Have your student record their minutes on the Reading Log as they go. The goal is 480 minutes! Then beginning April 1st, you can submit your student’s minutes and voucher request online using the Student Submission Link on the Reading Log. Contact your teacher or Read 4 Adventure Program Coordinator with any questions. Happy Reading!
Click here to log all hours and below for the reading log.
PTO FLOCK BULLETIN
Volunteer Sign Ups and ALL of your PTO information
are now in ONE PLACE!
Go to www.totemfallspto.org to check out our NEW website, find volunteer opportunities, yearbook information, find our updated announcements and updated calendar!
HANSEN SHOE FUND DONATION DRIVE
All district schools are accepting donations for the Snohomish Education Foundation's Hansen Shoe Fund (February 27-March 3). The Hansen Shoe Fund helps provide students in need with shoes to fit their growing feet. Click here to watch a video Snohomish High School visual arts students created to learn more about how the funds raised through the Hansen Shoe Fund help district students. Donate online and help provide students with the shoes they need to fit their growing feet!
DISTRICT-APPROVED COMMUNITY FLYERS
- Bilingual FASFA/WASFA Filing Night - February 28
- BridgeWhiz for Youth
- Christ the King Preschool
- Civic Ambassadors Recruitment - City of Snohomish
- Climb the Mountain Free Online Speech and Debate Programs
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteer Opportunity
- Cub Scouts Pack 193 and Calendar
- Everett Rowing Spring Registration
- Snohomish County Developmental Disabilities Transition Resource Fair
- Girl Scouts Daisy Troop 41623 - Cathcart Elementary
- Girls on the Run at Little Cedars Elementary
- Girls on the Run at Riverview Elementary
- Girls on the Run at Seattle Hill Elementary
- Let Me Run Boys
- Nick of Time Foundation Heart Screenings - March 1
- Royals Food Giveaway - March 3
- Seattle Children's Chorus Registration
- Snohomish Community Food Bank
- Snohomish For Equity (SFE) Scholarship Application 2023
- Snohomish Junior Cheer Spring Session Registration
- SPJFA Flag Football Youth Registration
- Spring into Kindergarten - March 1
- Strategic Kids Chess at Totem Falls Elementary
- Strategic Kids LEGO at Totem Falls Elementary
- SVIE Pow Wow - May 27
- Taekwondo for Kids - February 2023
- TOPSoccer Community Service Opportunity
- Youth Free Transit Pass
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
2022-2023 School Year
- Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Wednesday, June 21 - Tentative last day of school due to two snow days (as of January 24, 2023)
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
TOTEM FALLS ELEMENTARY
Craig Church, Principal
Wendy Stegall, Assistant Principal TF (T/Th/Alt F) & CV
Tiffany Bidne, Administrative Assistant
Jennifer Jordan, Main Office Secretary
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com.