WHS Warrior Bulletin
- January 5 first day of 2nd semester
- January 12 Unified Event at Hillside Elementary
- January 14 Senior Ads for yearbook due
- January 17 MLK Jr. Day, no school for students
- January 25 8th Grade Open House 5:30-7:30 pm
- January 29 Competition of Excellence Show Choir Competition
First Semester Grades
Off Campus Passes
- 11th and 12th grade students can have off campus privileges for any independent mod during the school day.
- Students should fill out the Off Campus pass form and have parents sign. Forms can be picked up in the dean's office and returned to the dean's office to obtain the pass.
- 9th and 10th grade students can have a pass with parent approval for independent mods at the end of the student's school day.
- Off campus passes are a privilege for students. Students demonstrating difficulty to attend classes or have other disciplinary issues may have their pass revoked.
Unified Event for All Grades
Spring Calendar Dates
- Wednesday, February 16 1-8 pm
Parent Teacher Conferences for high school students
- Thursday, March 10 8 am-4 pm
- Saturday, April 9 Lauritzen Gardens
- This is the Saturday preceding spring break from April 11-15.
- Conflicts with different school activities and venue availability impact the choice of prom each year. This is the best date considering all factors.
- April 11-15
Senior Honors Night
- May 9
- May 15, 2022 2 pm Baxter Arena
Last Day of School
- May 27, 2002
2021-2022 Yearbook Information
- The 2021-2022 Shield yearbooks can be purchased using your MySchoolBucks account this year. Access through PowerSchool or MySchoolBucks
- You may also place your order using the forms available in room 251 at WHS.
- The cost is $60 if purchased before Winter break.
- At the start of the second semester, the cost of the yearbook will increase $5 each month thereafter.
- Senior Portraits for the 2021-2022 Shield yearbook must be submitted by Dec. 21, 2021, or they will not be included in the yearbook.
- We will need one vertical color photo. It is important to meet this deadline. No late photos will be accepted.
- Here are the requirements for photo submission: must contain only head and shoulders with no props, backgrounds must not be distracting and there must be no watermarks.
- Photos can be submitted to room 251 at WHS, via email (to: denker.john@westside 66.net), on a CD, or even a wallet-size picture will be accepted.
- Assets/Ads for the senior section of the yearbook must be submitted by Jan. 14, 2022.
- See below for additional details regarding sizes, cost, . . . .
- Senior Ads can be paid for at MySchoolBucks or by check.
- You can design your own or you can have yearbook staff members design one for you.
If you are graduating early please make sure you meet all these deadlines!!
Metropolitan Community College Kick Start Online KSOI
Metropolitan Community College is offering half-priced tuition online classes during your second semester this school year. Courses will run from January 18-May 6 with a break February 28-March 4. Registration forms are due by January 12th. For more information on classes that are being offered and to register, please see the link below:
Students and parents with questions should contact the student's WHS school counselor or reach out to our MCC Concurrent Enrollment Navigator, Taylor Worden. Ms. Worden is at WHS each Thursday.
Ms. Taylor Worden
Concurrent Enrollment Navigator
Metropolitan Community College
Westside High School-Thursdays