(02/09) Daily Reading Agenda
February 9, 2016
Activity #2: Word Study
- Root: cover
- Prefix: dis-
- Suffixes: -es, -er, -ed, -y (change to "i" when adding another suffix)
- The meanings of affixes (prefixes, suffixes, combining forms, and infixes)
- Multiple Meaning Words and how they are used differently in sentences. Ex: ride (noun, verb)
- Irregular spellings of past-tense verbs. Ex: ride/rode
- Advanced spelling patterns with silent letters. Ex: "h" in honest (transfer)
- Change "y" to "i" when adding a suffix. Ex: dry/dries
Activity #3: Interactive Read-Aloud
Yes, this was written by my wife. This was the first book that she wrote.
Activity #4: Stop, Think, Jot, and Share in Seesaw
- Create a new post in Seesaw by selecting the "note" option.
- The title of this note will be "Time to Make Valentines."
- You will document your thinking during the read-aloud by writing your stop and jots in Seesaw.
- This belongs in the Reading Folder.
Activity #5: Independent Reading Time & Demonstrating Fluency
- What surprised me about one of the nonfiction books I read today?
- What did the author think I already knew?
- What challenged, changed, or confirmed what I already knew?
After writing the answers to these 3 questions down in your Seesaw Learning Journal, you will choose one of these questions to explain using audio. To do this, you will click on the microphone icon in your text entry for this assignment.I will dismiss a few students at a time to go into the hallway and record.