La Mesa 6th Grade Information
Hello 6th Grade Families,
Por favor, desplácese hacia abajo para seleccionar español.
This is our second informational newsletter for incoming families. If you missed our April Newsletter, you can access it HERE.
6th Grade Parent Information Meetings
1:00 pm Meeting Link:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 814 2472 8134
6:30 pm Meeting Link
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 883 6770 5095
We will go over:
- How the school day in junior high is structured
- Classes 7th graders take
- Policies and procedures
- HOWL Expectations and Recognitions
- How to support your child and stay involved
- What to expect from your junior high child
We will also make time for questions and answers. While your children are welcome to listen in, this meeting is intended for parents. We will be hosting student presentations with the elementary schools.
Drop off and Pick Up
- Allow yourself plenty of time. If you arrive to the school at 8:40 your child will be late to class and disrupt the learning of others.
- Pull all the way forward before unloading and loading passengers.
- Have students gather their backpack and other items so they can exit the vehicle quickly.
- Do not drop off or pick up in the no stopping zones. It slows the valet down.
- Don't leave your house until 3:10 to come for pick up. You will only sit and wait and make the neighborhood more crowded.
Applications for each program my be submitted by Friday, May 7th.
2021-22 William S. Hart District Calendar
A more detailed La Mesa calendar will be made available to you in the summer mailer.
Please note that each day classes begin at 8:45 am and students are released at 3:10 pm. On Wednesdays, students are released at 2:05 for teacher collaboration. We provide supervision starting at 8:00 am and ending at 4:00 pm each day. Students may not be on campus outside those hours unless they are there for a supervised activity.
Thursday, May 6th - Parent Information Meetings 1:00 pm and 6:30 pm
Monday, August 3rd and Tuesday, August 4th
Tuesday, August 10th - First Day of Classes