St Thomas' News
13 December 2019
FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Dear St. Thomas' Community,
It’s with great pride that I write to you for the final time as the Acting Principal of St Thomas’ Primary School. I have been blessed to serve your community and I thank you for the way in which you have supported me in this role. As I have witnessed first-hand, the greatest strength of this school is the faith-based community that enfolds it. Our students are educated by the whole village as we all work together to ensure student achievement.
I would like to thank the following people:
· To the Parish and Fr Wayne. Thank you for always ensuring St Thomas’ is a true example of a faith learning environment.
· To the Board – your efforts in ensuring our school is stable so that we can focus on the greatest gift, teaching young people is exemplary. Thank you to all who served on the Board this year, for your support of me personally. Thank you JP for Chairing the Board and for your friendship. Farewell to Ann and Peter and welcome to those who will fill these positions.
· Thank you to our dedicated PandF. You have all strived to provide the best for our children and this is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Sarah, for your leadership and thank you Trish for your service to our school.
· To the St Thomas’ Leadership Team. Nicky and Lisa, I have been so lucky to have had both of you as support for my time here. Your professionalism, dedication and genuine care for the well being of our staff, students and families has ensured a sense of calm during a period of rapid change. I have learnt so much from both of you and I am so grateful for your guidance and friendship.
· Administration Team – Julie and Leanne. What you have given to our school professionally is without measure. To have managed so many challenges and still provide the quality of service you have to our families is amazing.
· St Thomas’ is a wonderful school because of the staff that give so much for your children. Each and every one of them go above and beyond to ensure each child is cared for, supported and loved.
· Families – your role is endless and your love and support for your child’s faith-based education is the same. Thank you for undertaking the hardest job in the world, the job of raising a child. The trust you show our school is truly appreciated as you allow us, as experts in education to simply teach your child.
I am pleased to announce the staffing for 2020 is as follows:
Principal – Mrs Natalia Thompson
· Mrs Nicky Sullivan
· Mrs Lisa Meyers
• Pre- Kindy: Mrs Kate Byrne
• Kindy: Mrs Karen Jones
• Pre-Primary: Ms Brianna Kirkbride
• Year One: Miss Nicola Ward
• Year Two: Mrs Sam Valentine / Kate Byrne
• Year Three: Mrs Nicky Sullivan / Mrs Lisa Keatch
• Year Four: Mrs Lisa Meyers / Mrs Lisa Keatch
• Year Five: Mr Liam Godsall
• Year Six: Mrs Lila Gibbs
• Teaching Assistants: Mrs Rebecca McCarthy
Mrs Virginia Gamble
Mrs Jeanette Koong
Mrs Sue Vincent
• Specialist Teachers: Mrs Lisa Keatch (Science & E-challenge)
Mrs Kate Byrne (Art)
Mrs Cathy Cotton (Music)
Mrs Sharon Seaman (Physical Education)
Mrs Ann Barry (Health)
Mr Ron Wray (Library)
• Support Areas: Mrs Ann Barry (EMU & LLI)
• Admin Officers:
Mrs Julie Wray
Mrs Leanne Hancock – Finance Officer
ST THOMAS' NEWS
Cricket - Regional and State Carnival
On Thursday 14th November the Year 6 Boys cricket team represented the school at the Regional Cricket finals held at Yokine reserve after winning their competition in Term 1. The boy’s won their division which lead them into the State Finals at the WACA on Friday 22nd November. Despite not winning and coming 6th overall, they enjoyed the experience, received some autographs and the Year 6 girls came along to support them! Well done boys on your solid effort throughout the year with the Cricket carnivals.
Netball – Net Set Go, Term 1 2020
Next year, Netball WA will run a NetSetGO program at St Thomas Primary school on a Wednesday afternoon starting 12th February. The program incorporates skills, drills, activities and games. NetSetGO is a fun, safe, social and active program for children aged 5-10. It gives kids of all abilities a positive introduction to netball and teaches them important motor and social skills. The registration fee includes a NetSetGO participation pack (T-shirt, size 4 netball and Suncorp Super Netball player cards) as well insurance and liability cover. All registrations and payments are done online via the My Netball. Please see below the link to register your child for Term 1, 2020.