Anderson School News! 10/26/20
Digging "IN"to Learning!
Dates to Remember
- October 28 - Chipotle PTO Dine Out Night 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- October 30 - Virtual Halloween Costume Parade (Details coming next week)
- November 3 - Election Day (no student attendance) - NEW THIS YEAR!
- November 6 - End of 1st Trimester
- November 9 - Remote Learning Planning Day for Staff (non-attendance day for students)
- November 11 - Veterans Day Virtual Assembly
- November 23-27- Thanksgiving Break
Egg on his face!
I wonder what Mr. Jarot will do next to keep this motivation going?
Who's the best book character? Let's VOTE!
This year, Anderson Elementary students will have the opportunity to participate in a mock election! During the week, they will see campaign posters and hear campaign ads to persuade them as they vote for their favorite fictional book character. Students will be voting on a fictional character for president, and if students are in person, they will also be voting on two school referendums. Voting will take place on Monday, November 2nd. The LRC director will also introduce the election process through literature to provide some background knowledge. Happy voting!
REMOTE LEARNING STUDENTS!
Attached you will find a link for remote families to participate and vote.
Link for Remote Families: https://wke.lt/w/s/kB4rJI
Let's Honor our Veterans!
All of our students will be able to view a recorded virtual assembly that a team of our staff members is putting together. It will include an interview of Mr. Jarot talking with one of his older brothers who has been serving in the USMC for almost 20 years. Our Anderson Orchestra will be playing "America the Beautiful", and our students will be able to show their thanks and appreciation through a variety of activities.
In order to make this event meaningful for our students, and the Veterans we want to honor, please take a few minutes to fill out the two pages below.
You can either fill out a digital version by clicking on the link below or wait for your child to bring home a paper copy of this sheet. Either way is fine, whatever is easier for you.
Anderson's Veteran of Honor: (Click this link to fill out a digital version)
I am thankful for the freedom to: (Click this link to fill out a digital version)
(We will send home paper copies, but if you need another paper copy to print at home simply click below)
Please send these to school by Wednesday, November 4th.
Halloween Celebrations! What about costumes?
Yes! we will have Halloween Celebrations this year, but it will certainly look a little different to accommodate all of the safety guidelines.
- Students can come to school in their costumes on Friday 10/30. Please make sure their costume is simple and can be worn throughout the day without getting "in the way of learning" (Example: Don't send your child to school with the Xtra Large Inflatable Dinosaur.) Although that is a super cool costume, it doesn't work well during math class. :)
- Remember we have young students, some just turning 5 years old, at our school, so costumes should not be violent or scary in nature – No blood, guts, or weapons. Students should not be wearing scary masks or make-up. No bare midriffs or scant clothing. Those fun costumes are for your own family parties.
- Students still need to wear the required masks at all times for safety purposes.
- We will be having a Zoom Costume Parade that will be recorded online and sent out to all parents. We will miss seeing so many parents at our costume parade, but we can't wait to show off our cool costumes. This way every family can view the parade if they want. :)
- Each grade level team is organizing some fun activities for their students that Friday afternoon. (10/30/20) Parent volunteers will not be allowed into the building to help with these parties. Sorry. :( (Another reason to be mad at COVID)
- If your family/child does not wish to participate in the costume parade and celebration, we will have some fun alternative learning activities for them to participate in away from their classroom. (Building Challenge, STEM activity...)
Free Winter Clothing Pick Up at Anderson!
Friday, Nov. 6th, 3:30-5:30 PM.
Come choose winter gear for your family for the winter months. Options include winter coats, snow pants, hats, and mittens. Clothes are a combination of new and gently used items and are provided free through donations.
From the Anderson PTO
Chipotle Dine Out Fundraiser
NEW! ORDER ONLINE FOR PICKUP Use code QN296AC before checkout in ‘promo’ field. Orders placed on Chipotle.com or through the Chipotle app for pickup using this unique code will be counted towards the fundraiser.