North Pointe News
November 17, 2019
GOLD FLAGS PRESENTATION
Gold Flags Presentation
We received one flag each for the 17-18 and 18-19 school years. These flags are given to school based on state report card data and for our Excellent rating the last two years.
More information about our school data and report card will be shared at our upcoming School Improvement Council meeting on Thursday this week, Nov. 21 at 6:00.
- PTO General Meeting & School Improvement Council, 6:00 - Movie Night for students of parents who attend. We will be reviewing our School Report Card and Strategic Plan for 2019-20
- Marco's Pizza Night
- Spirit Day - It's GOLD DAY! In honor of our GOLD flags, we'd like to have a GOLD Day to celebrate! Let's all wear something gold! $1 hat day for students, Wainani Shave Ice
- School Store is open! 7:15-7:45
- Thanksgiving Break
- Interim Reports go home
- PTO Board Meeting, 8:15 am (all parents invited)
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Peace Center
- 5th Grade Art Show (5:00-5:45) and Performance (6:00)
Joy Comes Angel Tree
Joy Comes is taking a team to Honduras in the coming weeks to deliver supplies for children there. You can sponsor a child for Christmas by taking an ornament ($20) and signing your name on the clipboard. Return the gifts to the school office and back under the tree please.
Thank you for giving!
The Parent Portal (Power School) app should now be working for Android devices! Please see our Data Clerk, Michelle Lynch, for questions.
Milk and Cookies with Santa!
Friday, Dec. 13th, 6pm
3325 North Highway 81
Morning Car Riders
We are closely monitoring our morning drop off and number of tardies.
There are a few things that you can do to help us with the congested traffic between 7:45-7:55 daily.
- Arrive between 7:15 and 7:45! Traffic moves very smoothly between this time each morning. At 7:45, our 4K program drop off begins and parents crossing the driveway causes backup at times.
- Ride the Bus! We have a very low percentage of students who ride the bus to school in the mornings.
- Carpool! Many of our families live in the same neighborhoods. Carpooling is helpful to everyone!
- Do not walk your child in to school unless you are late. Those who park in the front and walk in cause traffic backup in the car line. This can be prevented if you will drop off in the right lane.
I sincerely appreciate your help with our growing pains!
District Calendar Change - IMPORTANT
Monday, June 1: 11:00 Dismissal
Tuesday, June 2: Full Day of School
Wednesday, June 3: 11:00 Dismissal
Thursday, June 4: 11:00 Dismissal (Last Day of School for Students)
Because of this change to the schedule, we have to move our Awards Day for 1st and 2nd Grades to Thursday, May 28th. 1st and 2nd are the only grade-levels affected by this change. We will announce times closer to the date.
Carolina Wren Park: Skate Night!
Students sign in at the table there. This is where we get our count. Skate aids are available for $3 each. Skate rental is included in admission.
Hope to see you all there!
Gardening with Mrs. M. Brown's 2nd Grade Class
Box Tops Update!
From our Box Tops PTO Chairs, Lyndsey Cole and Lori Howard:
Hello Parents! Just a reminder to SCAN those receipts when you shop to help raise money for our school! If you don’t already have the app all you have to do simply download the BoxTops app on your smart phone and scan your receipt every time you shop. Our school will then receive credit for the BoxTop items that you purchased! So easy! So please visit your app store and download this app as soon as possible!
Thank you for your support in helping to raise money for our awesome school!
School Spirit Store ONLINE!
Please see the link below for online orders! All items are paid for online and delivered to the school. We will disperse to your child upon arrival or you can pick up in the office.
The deadline for ordering is December 5th. This gives the company time to place the order and deliver before the winter break.