BUENA VISTA ELEM NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ......... WEEK 27; 02/10 -02/14/2020
PAST WEEK, SHOUT OUTS, & GOOD NEWS FROM BUENA VISTA
"There is no elevator to success. You have to use the stairs" ------ Unknown
- Shout out to all our parents who attended the coffee with the Principal. It was a great opportunity to dialogue. Our next meeting will be an evening meeting - dessert with the principal.
- Thanks to all the parent volunteers in the classroom and the chaperons who continue to volunteer for fieldtrips.
- A shout out to all the PTA members who volunteer in diverse ways to support BV. The Friday pop corn continues to be popular with students and families.
- TK and Kinder had a great assembly on schoolwide expectations. Ask them to share with you.
- All students must be picked up promptly at the end of the school day. No students should be allowed to play on the playgrounds at the end of the school day.
- Student are not permitted to climb or play in the tree outside the kindergarten fence.
- Student and Staff safety is our number one priority.
- The parking lot is considered the number one place parents, students, and staff feel unsafe (based on survey).
- Please follow directions of staff on duty.
- Respect traffic rules. Drop off and pick up at the area with the cones infront of the kindergarten gate.
- Use side walks to get to your vehicle if you park.
- Use cross walks. No Jay-walking.
- How important is attendance? The attendance rate is important because students are more likely to succeed in academics when they attend school consistently.
- Any student with 10 or more days of absence is considered chronically absent. This includes both excuse and unexcuse absences.
- The state counts both excused and unexcused absences when determining who is chronically absent.
- 2/12 - Spirit Day: Pink & Red Day (Wear pink or red, or both!)
- 2/14: Last day for American Heart Association Fundraising Challenge
- 2/17 - 2/21: NO SCHOOL
- 3/2 - 3/6: Parent-Teacher Conference week
- 3/2 - Read Across America
- 3/4 - Book Character Day - Dress as a book character to celebrate "Read Across America" Day.
- 3/11: TK/Kinder Registration
- 4/28 - 5/22 State Testing 3rd - 6th grade only. Informational letters have been sent home