Family Newsletter--April 9, 2021
With our return to Hybrid over the past two weeks, it has been a whirlwind of excitement and joy as those students who have come in-person and those who are at home in CDL get to continue their learning and interaction with each other in a new format. Thank you families for your continued support of our instructional model and for respecting and following our new guidance, rules and requirements for Hybrid. Over the past two weeks we have only had to make minor adjustments to a few routines and procedures. It has been a smooth return to the building and we appreciate the role you have played in that. Thank you!
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, April 12th--first day of Quarter 4
- Tuesday, April 13th--Dining Night Out at Juice it Up! from 3:00-7:00pm, located on Evergreen Ave. Please note that you must bring this flyer or show an electronic version to the cashier when coming to place your order. When you do so, Lenox will receive a generous 25% of your purchase AND you will be supporting a local great local company who has given back to Lenox over the past several years!
- Monday, May 3rd--Lenox Booster Club Mtg., 7:00-8:30pm. Link to join the meeting coming soon. Click here for info.
- Tuesday, May 4th--Lenox Virtual Kindergarten Orientation and Q&A session, 6:00-7:00pm. Google Meet joining info https://meet.google.com/kkd-cbbe-psk Or dial: +1 929-299-3264 PIN: 696 674 268#. This is for our incoming Kinders for the 2021-22 school year.
Tuesday, May 11th--Dining Night Out at Panda Express, 10:00am-9:30pm, located on Cornelius Pass Rd & Imbrie Dr. Bring this flyer or show an electronic version to the cashier when coming to place your order and 20% of your purchase will come back to Lenox! You can also order online or use the App and enter 323495 in the PROMO CODE box to make sure the school receives credit!
View the HSD 2020-21 Calendar HERE
ALL Students & Families
- If your child is going to be absent, whether in CDL or Hybrid, please make sure to call the Attendance Line at 503-844-1363 to let us know.
This spring, as part of our district health education program, Lenox will be delivering our age appropriate, comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) lessons for all students, K-6. Please read the letter linked below for all of the details.
Lenox Virtual Kinder Orientation is for students who will be entering Kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year. See the info above in the important dates. Click here for our Kinder Presentation and here for HSD Kinder information
CDL Students & Families
- If you are wanting student meals, please make sure to fill out this FORM by Friday at 9:00am for pick-up of a 5-day meal bag for the following week . The five-day meal bags will be available at Lenox for pick-up on Thursdays and Fridays from 1:00-2:00 for those who ordered them. You will need to fill this form out each week. The form opens each week on Monday at 7:00am and closes Friday at 9:00am.
HYBRID Students & Families
- If you drop your student off after 7:45am, ALL students must enter through the main front doors of the school. If they are dropped off between 7:30-7:45am, please have them proceed to their assigned grade level entrance. Do not drop your student off before 7:30am, thank you!
- If your child is exhibiting any of the symptoms in this Too Sick for School Flyer, please keep your child at home, call the attendance line at 503-844-1363, and refer to the information on when they can return to school.
- Please review the HSD Mask Guidance and note that there are some masks that do not meet the specifications and are not allowed, such as a single layer gaiter or a mask with exhalation valves or vents. If a student is wearing a face covering that does not meet our requirements, they will be given a disposable mask to wear instead.
- Please visit our Hybrid Guide for Families and Caregivers for more information or visit the Resources section of our 2020-21 School Year website: www.hsd.k12.or.us/202021schoolyear.
- When picking up your child in the car pick up lane, please make sure to post the yellow sign (see picture below) in the window for a more efficient dismissal process. If you need a sign, please contact our office at 503-844-1360. Signs were mailed out to those families who selected they would be responsible for transportation on the Return to School Survey.
Lenox Booster Club NEEDS YOU!
Lenox Booster Club is in need of volunteers for the 2021-2022 school year so that we can continue to operate and serve our community! We are most in need to fill the following positions:
- TREASURER: This position includes duties such as bookkeeping, paying bills, taking care of reimbursements, making deposits, aiding with taxes, preparing reports for monthly meetings, etc. Training and documentation will be provided!
- SECRETARY: This position includes duties such as taking and keeping notes during monthly meetings, editing for accuracy, providing copies of meeting minutes to members, etc.
If you are interested or have any questions about the positions above, we would love to hear from you! Please send us an email to email@example.com and THANK YOU for your consideration!