August 14, 2017
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
Hazeldale Elementary School Demolition
In July, the old Hazeldale Elementary School was demolished. Crews with Kirby Nagelhout Construction are preparing the site to start building the new school designed by DLR Group. Hazeldale is the second of four schools to be replaced as part of the District's Bond Program.
During the 2017-2018 school year, Hazeldale wll be temporarily relocated to the new middle school on 118th in the Cedar Mill area. For more information on the project, visit the Hazeldale Elementary School Bond Project webpage.
InTouch Online Payment System
The Beaverton School District is implementing the InTouch Online Payment System for all schools. Using a Visa debit or credit card, you may make secure online payments for your students with no transaction fees. You will be able to access the Online Payment System at https://or-beaverton.intouchreceipting.com to pay:
- Student fees – athletic, student body, band, field trip, etc.
- Fines – lost library book, lost textbook
- Donations to programs and activities
To access the system, you will need an active ParentVUE account. If you do not have a ParentVUE account, contact your school for an Activation Key code. Once the ParentVUE account is created, it may take up to 24 hours for the account to be activated. Visit the ParentVue Information webpage for more information about creating your ParentVue account.
2017-2018 Back-to-School Information Packet
Please read the 2017-2018 Back-to-School Packet for important back-to-school information including:
- School schedules - first day of school
- Early Release/Teacher Collaboration
- WE Welcome you to Kindergarten
- 2017-2018 School Calendar
- Useful Links (School Directory, Enrolling your Child, Find your student's school, Student and Family Handbook, Kindergarten Information, District Calendars, Student Services, Transfer Information, Option School Information, Curriculum, Safe & Welcoming Schools, School Board)
- Volunteer Information
- BSD Clothes Closet Information
- Multilingual Department Information
- Schedule of School Board Meetings
- District Goal & Strategic Plan
The packet is electronic and hosted by Smore. Please find the 2017-2018 Back-to-School Information Packet at: https://www.smore.com/ep274.
For more information, please contact the Communications & Community Involvement Department at 503-356-4360.
Early Release/Teacher Collaboration – Wednesdays
Beginning September 13, 2017, the District will implement a 90-minute early release on Wednesday afternoons to allow educators time to collaborate and participate in professional development opportunities.
Beginning Wednesday, September 13, 2017, dismissal times will be
- Elementary schools that start at 8:00 a.m. will dismiss at 1:05 p.m.
- Elementary schools that start at 8:30 a.m. will dismiss at 1:35 p.m.
- Hazeldale @ 118th will dismiss at 2:25 p.m. (2017-2018)
- Middle schools will dismiss at 2:20 p.m.
- High schools will dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
- Bridges Academy will dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
- ACMA, Health & Science, SST, ISB, Rachel Carson and Merlo will dismiss at 12:35 p.m.
The Early Release/Teacher Collaboration webpage has an updated FAQ and an animated video (English & Spanish) explaining Early Release and Teacher Collaboration. Check it out and share it today!
Summer School Students Tour Mountainside HS
Students attending summer school at Meadow Park Middle School took a field trip to Mountainside High School. Speakers in various construction industry trades shared information about pursuing careers in their fields. Students also took a tour of the new school.
Beaverton School District
Read past issues of the BSD Briefs.
The Beaverton School District recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of the Beaverton School District that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in any education programs, activities or employment.