Wednesday, January 11th
Sato Elementary School
January - Themes of the Month: Respectful & Responsible
- Monday, Jan. 20th - MLK Day, observed no school
- Tuesday, Jan. 21st - SECO general meeting 630pm
- Friday, Jan, 24th - SECO Movie Night: The Missing Link
- Friday, Jan. 24th - Coffee & Conversation for parents & guardians of 4th/5th
- Monday, Jan. 27th - Grading Day, no school for students
- Friday, Jan. 31st - Spirit Day: Dress Like a Teacher Day
February -Theme of the Month: Friendship
- Monday, Feb. 3rd - Report Cards accessible on ParentVUE
- Wednesday, Feb. 5th - Talent Show Auditions
- Friday, Feb. 7th - Popcorn Friday
When are the non-student contact days?
- Monday, January 27th - Grading Day
- Tuesday, February 18th - Staff Development Day
- Thursday & Friday, April 2nd & 3rd - Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, April 10th - Grading Day
- Friday, April 24th - Staff Development Day
January is School Board Appreciation Month
In the Beaverton School District, we are very fortunate to have seven volunteer school board members who are committed to helping every student reach their full potential; Chair, Becky Tymchuk, Vice Chair, Eric Simpson, and members, Anne Bryan, Tom Colett, Susan Greenberg, LeeAnn Larsen, and Donna Tyner do an excellent job of serving the District's students, parents, staff members, and the overall community.
The decisions they face are complex, challenging, and also rewarding. These men and women volunteer countless hours of unpaid time providing the best possible education for the nearly 41,000 students. Yet school board members are just ordinary citizens with extraordinary dedication to our community's public schools. This month we recognize the vital contributions of these men and women and the crucial role these elected public officials play in the education of our children
In the words of John F. Kennedy, “Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation.”
School board members continually put student achievement at the center of what they do and can engage educators as well as community members as they do it, please join us in recognizing the dedication and hard work of all local school board members in preparing today's students for tomorrow's world.
Spirit Day Friday January 31st
Sato's Got Talent!!
Sato’s second annual Talent Show is set to take place on Thursday, March 12th from 6:00-8:00 pm. Permission slips will come home by Friday!
Students must return them by January 29th. Auditions will be held on Wednesday, February 5th.
The talent show committee will be creating a schedule for auditions and communicating the times with students. Parents are required to attend. If you have any further questions please email email@example.com.
Immunization Exclusion Day, Feb. 19th
State law requires that all children in public and private schools, preschools, Head Start and certified child care facilities have up-to-date immunizations, or have a medical or nonmedical exemption.
Parents or guardians will receive a letter in early February if their child’s immunization record shows that he or she has not received the required vaccinations. Children will not be able to attend school or childcare starting February 19, 2020, if their records on file show missing immunizations.
Middle School Boundary Advisory Committee
The Middle School Boundary Adjustment Advisory Committee met on January 9, 2020. At the meeting, the committee continued its review of boundary ideas using the four theme maps as a discussion starting point and using data provided by BSD staff.
The Committee will meet next on Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. doors will open at 6:00 p.m. at Highland Park Middle School, 7000 SW Wilson Avenue, Beaverton, 97008. 20 minutes will be available for public comment and the meeting will be livestreamed. Please visit the Middle School Boundary Adjustments webpage for information and meeting materials.
4th & 5th Families are invited to join Sato's leadership for coffee, treats & conversation
Report Cards on ParentVUE on Feb. 3rd
In addition we want to share some resources that will help you understand your child(ren)'s math progress.
State Testing - Flyer for parent information
Beaverton School District Inclement Weather Information
- Log onto the District's website: http://www.beaverton.k12.or.us and a page pop will be posted on the main page if there is a change in school operations.
- Beaverton School District Public Safety webpage has information about inclement weather procedures and snow routes. http://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/departments/public-safety/ then click on Inclement Weather Information.
- Follow us on o Twitter @BeavertonSD o Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BeavertonSchoolDistrict/
- Follow media outlets. The Districts posts information via Flash Alert. Parents can also sign up to receive weather alerts: www.flashalert.net.
Volunteering at Sato!
Please click HERE to find out all the different ways to get involved at Sato! We need you!!