Bennett Peek of the Week
NOVEMBER 9TH - NOVEMBER 13TH
The mission of Bennett Elementary School
LEVEL 4 ALL IN PERSON INSTRUCTION
Bennett Elementary students will be in school Monday through Thursday from 8:20 AM-2:42 PM. (Please note the change in end time.)
· Doors will open at 8:05 AM. Students can be dropped off anytime from 8:05-8:20 AM.
· Breakfast will still be a grab and go breakfast that will be eaten in the classroom.
· Specials (gym, music, media center) will be extended to 40 minutes.
· Lunch will be 25 minutes.
· All students will have a 20 minute daily recess time with their classroom outside.
· Students will be released at 2:42 PM
Outside Visitors/School Functions
· The building will still be closed to visitors.
· Large group functions (school assemblies, PTO events) will not take place in person.
As we continue to work through the Fargo mask mandate and our level 4 expectations, there are a few updates/changes:
· STUDENTS AND STAFF NEED TO WEAR MASKS OUTSIDE AT RECESS. Teachers will designate mask break areas outside in which a student can stand with his/her mask off.
· Face shields may be worn in addition to masks, but not as a replacement for a mask.
· Teachers are required to socially distance their classroom desks to the greatest extent possible in the instructional space. Students can be grouped together in “pods” at tables and will continue to have an assigned seat at lunch.
The season of winter storms is upon us. We want you to know that we are committed to keeping our school children safe. When storm conditions develop we must make a decision to hold school or not. This decision is based on weather conditions that exist for the majority of Fargo students. If school is in session and it is your decision that your child should remain at home, that decision will be respected by the school.
If school is called off local radio and television stations will be notified as early as possible. School closing notices will also be posted on the internet via the weather section of In-Forum. If storm conditions develop during the day and it is determined that an early dismissal is in the best interest of the students, the media will be notified and principals will proceed with an orderly dismissal of school. Elementary principals will dismiss students consistent with instructions provided on the emergency/weather school closing form that parents completed during the online registration.
We appreciate your continued cooperation and understanding in this important matter. Be assured that the well-being of your children is of the utmost importance to us.
If there is a change that should be made with your emergency plans, please go to the online registration forms to update. Please select only 1 option.