MoASSP Messenger November 16, 2018
From all of us at MoASSP, "Happy Thanksgiving".
Quote for the Principal's Journey
Update From the Executive Director
Next week is one of my favorite weeks of the year. As a principal, I cherished this time of the year and encouraged our school community to do the same. Each year at Staley, one of our Thanksgiving traditions was to play Gary Mayabb's, "Eat Like a Champion" video schoolwide. Gary taught history and was the head wrestling coach at Staley. He is now manager of Greco-Roman USA Wrestling. Take a few minutes and watch this humorous yet powerful reminder of why we celebrate Thanksgiving. From all of us here in the MoASSP office (Doug, Katy, Ginny), we are thankful for the opportunity in serving each of you as you continue to make a positive difference in your school. We will take a break from the Messenger next week.
Experts In Our Midst
I have included six schools visited in recent weeks. Check out New Mark MS, Liberty North HS, Northgate MS, Liberty HS, Park Hill South, and Antioch MS. Our Missouri principals are doing amazing work. We can learn so much from each other. Spend a few minutes and see examples of branding and marketing, academic programming, websites, and more. Don't forget to click on images to bring up a larger view. In the next Messenger, we will highlight Eastgate 6th Grade Center, Staley HS, and Smith-Cotton HS.
Value Added Benefits
MoASSP is about ready to announce some exciting news for our membership, spouses, and dependents. Benefits, such as discount dining, travel, and supplemental insurance at special group rates along with numerous merchant discounts will be provided to MoASSP members, spouses, and dependents. These benefits will also be available to retired administrators who have a retired membership or lifetime retired membership. Stay tuned.
Help me welcome eleven new MoASSP members. See the list below.
Who's still playing?
Whether you are aspiring, emerging, developing, or transformational, wherever you are on the “Principal’s Journey”, it really is a “matter of principal(ple).” Clark Mershon
SCHOOLS VISITED IN RECENT WEEKS
Help Welcome Our Newest MoASSP Members
Total MoASSP Membership is now 1,204. If you see inaccurate information, please email Katy. Thanks for helping us keep our database up to date.
- Bret Lyon Brittany Hill MS email@example.com Principal KC
- Bryan Weyrauch Brittany Hill MS firstname.lastname@example.org Assistant Principal KC
- Jill Gunlock Brittany Hill MS email@example.com Assistant Admin. KC
- Melvin Walker Park Hill South HS firstname.lastname@example.org Teacher KC
- Ben Tilley Solution Tree email@example.com Retired NE
- Erica Hogan Fulton MS firstname.lastname@example.org Assistant Principal NE
- John Crabtree Herculaneum HS email@example.com Principal SE
- Melanie Rouggly Kingston MS/HS firstname.lastname@example.org Assistant Principal SE
- Jason Karnes Bloomfield HS email@example.com Principal SE
- John Lawrence Diamond MS firstname.lastname@example.org Principal SW
- Jeremy McCoy Parkview HS email@example.com Assistant Principal SW
MoASSP Board of Directors
- NASSP Coordinator for Missouri: John Faulkenberry, Lee's Summit HS
- MoASSP President: Ed Gettemeier, Hardin MS
- MoASSP President-Elect: Marc Spunaugle, Lincoln HS
- MoASSP Past President: Chris Hoehne, Ste. Genevieve HS
- MoASSP Treasurer: Kathryn Greer, Francis Howell North HS
- At-Large Non-Public: Valerie Todd, St. Mary's HS
- At-Large Assistant Principal: Jennifer Strauser, Eureka HS
- At-Large Middle Level: Jonathan Apostol, Monett MS
- Kansas City (GKCMPA): Jeff Meisenheimer, Lee's Summit North HS
- Northwest: Robert Bowers, Lathrop HS
- Northeast: Scott Daly, Hallsville HS
- Southeast: Dan Hecht, Kelly-Benton HS
- Southwest: Sarah Odom, Cherokee MS
- South Central: Jim Pritchett, Rolla HS
- Central: Brandon Harding, Cole Camp HS
- St. Louis (SASSP): Andy Croley, McCluer North HS
- NASSP Board Member: Kevin Lowery, Lebanon HS
2018-2019 District Presidents
- Central Region: Jonathan Peterson, Smithton HS
- GKCMPA: Charlie Belt, Blue Springs South HS
- Northeast Region: Deborah Hill-Haag, Mexico MS
- Northwest Region: Beery Johnson, Benton HS
- SASSP: Gary Jansen, Crestview MS (Rockwood)
- South Central Region: Kelle McCallum, Washington HS
- Southeast Region: Lucas McKinnis, Bernie HS
- Southwest Region: Keith White, Buffalo HS
Missouri Association of Secondary School Principals
The vision of MoASSP is to serve ALL middle level and high school administrators.
The mission of MoASSP is to improve secondary education through positive leadership and the enhancement of student performance.