Stremelstein's Classroom News
Mrs. Himelstein & Ms. Stremel- First Grade Room 202
April 4, 2016
Welcome Back! We hope you enjoyed your Spring Break!
Spring Picture Day- Monday, April 11th: Kinder/Tk/First Grade & Tuesday, April 12th for Grades 2-5.
SEES Annual Country Fair- Please mark your calendar for our upcoming SEES Annual Country Fair on April 15 & 16. (Friday, 4/15 5-8p.m. & Saturday, 4/16 11-5p.m.) There will be carnival rides, petting zoo, pony rides, game booths, food trucks and more. Tickets will be available for sale the week before Country Fair.
Volunteers- Did you know that it takes 700 volunteers to host our Country Fair? Please click Here to volunteer: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4cabac2aa6f94-sees2
Thank you for your time!
Classroom Performance Schedules for the Country Fair (Saturday, April 16th)- Stacy Thomas, SEES Music Teacher is leading the class performance this year. Here's the Classroom Performance Schedules:
5th Grade: 11:00-11:15
4th Grade: 11:15-11:30
3rd Grade: 11:30-11:45
2nd Grade: 11:45-12:00
1st Grade: 12:00-12:15
Wish List: We are still in need of wipes (Clorox, Baby Wipes, Seventh Generation etc.) for our classroom. We are also in need of Expo Markers. Thank you to all who have donated!
Dates to Calendar
Character Trait for April is Trustworthiness
4/11 Spring Picture Day for all TK/K & First Grade
4/12 Spring Picture Day for Grades 2, 3, 4, 5
4/13 Chick Fil-A Dine Out 3:30- 8:00 p.m.
4/14 Flag Salute: Athlete of Month & Accelerated Reader Awards
4/15 & 4/16- SEES Annual Country Fair (Friday 4/15 5-8p.m. & Saturday 4/16 11-5p.m.)
First Grade Performance 12:00-12:15. (Meet at the stage)
4/29 Flag Salute: Student of the Month-Trustworthiness & Mathematician of the
5/13 Flag Salute: Athlete of the Month
5/19 Open House 6-7p.m.
5/29 Flag Salute: Student of the Month-Empathy & AR awards
- Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
- Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text.
- Long Vowels
- Ending Blends
Spelling Words of the Week: Word Wall Words, Word family Words and Challenge Words
Word Wall Words: almost, car, follow, talk, words
Word Family Words: child, mild, wild, bold, cold, fold, gold, hold, mold, old, scold, told
Challenge Words: childhood, wildfire, blindfold, retold, threshold
addition, add, addend, sum, subtraction, subtract, equation, equal sign, true equation, false equation, count on, count back, make 10, place value.
Math-Addition & Subtraction
Addition & Subtraction: 1)Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems.
2) Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10
3) The commutative property shows us that we can add numbers in any order and still get the same sum. 4) The equal sign in an equation means "the same as" the quantity on one side of the equal sign should always be the same as the quantity on the other side of the equal sign.
- Write informative/explanatory texts in which students name a topic, supply some facts about the topic and provide some sense of closure.