Fridley High School JANUARY 2022
HAPPY NEW YEAR, FHS FAMILIES!
Welcome back, students! We hope everyone had a healthy, safe, and relaxing winter break.
I would like to share some important upcoming dates: Semester 1 will end on January 27. Students will not have school on January 28th as it is a Grading and Reporting Day for teachers. In addition, January 31st is a planning day for teachers and a blended learning day for students. Students will not learn in person on that day and more details will be coming soon about the schedule for January 31st.
Course registration is coming up for the 2022-2023 school year! Please join us for Registration Conferences on February 3rd from 4:00pm - 7:30pm.
Again, welcome back to school in this new year! Thank you for all of your support.
Fridley High School
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
CAMPUS PARENT PORTAL
Click to find out more information and for instructions on creating your account today!
ARP Plan Survey - We need your support!
Our school needs your help! Throughout the pandemic, our district has implemented and maintained several mitigation strategies to ensure the health and safety of students and staff in our buildings. Fridley is seeking federal grant funding that has been made available to states to help public schools' recovery during the pandemic. To accomplish this, the district has developed an ARP Plan that include additional resources that will benefit students in our school and across the district. We are asking parents/guardians to take a few minutes and give us feedback on our ARP plan through a short survey. The survey is anonymous and will only take a few minutes to complete. Please click on the links below to review the district’s ARP plan, and to give us feedback on our plan.
Please click the button to learn more about recent news from Fridley Athletics!
2022 Minnesota Student Survey
Fridley Public Schools, in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), will be administering the Minnesota Student Survey (MSS) this school year. The Minnesota Student Survey began in 1989 and is one of the longest-running youth surveys in the nation. It is conducted every three years across Minnesota’s secondary schools.
The survey is anonymous and is conducted to gain insights into the world of students and their experiences. The results of the survey will help our schools understand the health and well-being of students and may be especially beneficial amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fridley Public Schools students in grades 5-12 will participate in this survey during school in February 2022. Families may preview the survey when it becomes available from MDE in mid-January and may also chose to opt their child out of taking it. We will send you more details prior to the survey being administered.
As we plan for winter, we want to share this annual information with you regarding our procedure for school building closures and student learning when school buildings are closed.
CLASS OF 2022 SENIOR NEWS
Winter brings an expectation of extreme cold temperatures and/or heavy snow. The Fridley Transportation Department would like to share a few winter-weather transportation reminders with you that will help keep our students safe.
- Please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately for the winter weather.
- Your child is required to be at the scheduled stop 5 minutes prior to bus pick-up time. We do not expect the student to stay at the stop any longer than 10 minutes after the scheduled time. Should the bus be late by more than 10 minutes, the student should go home and call the assigned bus company (see below).
- Information and updates on late busses are communicated through our messenger program, so please make sure that your contact information is accurate. You may log in to your Parent Portal account and update your email or phone number.
- If school buildings are closed due to severe weather, the district will communicate with families ahead of time through email, phone call, and will also post the announcement on the district website, local news channels and district social media.
- For more information on school closures, click here.
Our Bus Companies:
- Voigt’s – 763-571-1241 #2 (Route #’s 1- 19)
- 1st Student – Champlin 763-421-5785 (Route #'s 20-32)
- R & D Transportation – 763-767-1804 press #2 (Van)
- Halo Transportation – 763-432-6806 (Van)
Fridley Public Schools
NUTRITIONAL SERVICES UPDATES
REMINDER: FREE Breakfast and Lunch to all students this year
Breakfast and lunch is free to all students this year. We encourage all students to come and eat breakfast with us. Students need to have their bar code to help the breakfast and lunch lines move quickly. Please come and eat with us so your student can be there best in class.
Extra milk, double entrees and Ala Carte are NOT FREE and your student must have money in their lunch account to purchase those items. Money can be added online or given to Kathy Backstrom (High School) or in the office.
If you have questions, please contact Renee Arbogast at 763-502-5022.