What is a Concussion?
A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury. It is caused by a sudden Movement causing the brain to bounce around or twist in the skull, stretching and damaging the brain cells and creating chemical changes in the brain.
Whats being done to protect football players from concussions??
Ways to fix the growing concussion crisis
- Hire more Concussion monitors
- If a player has a flagrant hit and the opponent play gets a concussion then they must sit out the same number of games as the opponent has to.
- Increase mental health resources to players
- Remove face masks (hits would drop because the players wont risk their face)
- Test for performance Enhancers
- Have a one-time MRI and MRA to the collegiate athletes at the combine
- Go back to a 14 game schedule
- Keep retired players connected to the game
- No one should profit from big hits by selling videos or merchandise
Ways to make the game safer
- Develop better helmets
- Reduce collisions
- Change the rules
- improve testing and require more rest