Team 5 West
January 13 - 17, 2020
**Please send headphones with your child! We will be using the Chromebooks more often and headphones help cut the noise and allow for a better learning environment!**
GRIT Assembly: "The Time is Now" is our mindset focus. Come celebrate our students of the month who have shown this mindset on a daily basis! Friday, January 31 at 8 AM in the cafeteria.
Yearbook: Now on sale!! We sold out last year, so order early. Use the link and code below.
Kona Ice: Wednesday, January 29. $2 - $5
PTSO Snack Day: Every Friday. $1
Skill Focus for the Week
Monday - B
Tuesday - A
Wednesday - B
Thursday - A
Friday - B
- Decimals: comparing and ordering, rounding, adding and subtracting
**Students need to be practicing and mastering their multiplication facts! This is a crucial foundation for the skills they will be learning!**
**Contact Ms. Owen or Mrs. Hale for login information and details about Prodigy!**
- Order of Operations and Algebraic Expressions
- No vocabulary quiz this week!
- Modes of writing: Narrative, Informative, Opinion
- District Writing Benchmark: Thursday, January 16
- STAR Benchmark: Wednesday, January 22
**Give your student opportunities to practice their typing skills as often as possible! This will greatly help them when it is time to take the State Writing Test!**
- Earth and Space Chapter.
- How Earth moves
- Earth Spheres Project due Wednesday, January 15
- The Triangular Trade
- Colonies study guide will come home
Tips to Stay Engaged and Active in your Child's Educational Journey:
- Monitor their use of Social Media and Text Messages!
- Read WITH your child! See picture below about how to help them become a better reader.
- Ask them to tell you what kind of questions they asked in class that day.
- Ask them to give you 3 highs and 3 lows about their day - every day!
- Ask them who their friends are and what was one topic of conversation they had with those friends that day.
- Ask them to teach you one thing they learned from each class.
- Communicate frequently and openly with the teachers - we WANT to hear from you about the good and the bad! We are all on the same team!
- Remind them that you are PROUD of them and love seeing them grow each day.
Meet Your Teachers
Enrichment Social Studies