Shelbyville High School Newsletter
May 22, 2020
Course Fees are due.
Feel free to call 317-398-9731 ext 2003 if you have any questions.
- Mail check or money order to
Shelbyville High School
2003 S MIller
Shelbyville IN 46176
- Pay with cash, check or money order by dropping off in the front office of the HIgh School
- Pay online through your parent PowerSchool portail with a credit or debit card. *if you need assistance with this process please call the front office for assistance.
Senior parents, payments are due no later than graduation day, July 25, 2020.
Student Art Work Pick Up
eLearning District Survey
- Graduation practice will be held on Friday, July 24th at 10:00 AM. More details to come.
- Seniors CAN remove their yard signs from SHS property and take them home.
- We are still only collecting iPads from the senior class. Students in grades 9-11 won't turn in their iPad until a later date.
- Senior email accounts won't be deactivated until on or after August 1st. This is being changed from July 1st due to graduation being on July 25th.
- Any senior that wasn't able to pick up their cap and gown and return their iPad should stop by the SHS office any morning between 9-12. We also have honor cords and scholarship packets in the office.
- Any student that still has a textbook or any other property from SHS needs to return it to the front office.
- Any student that still needs to pick up their locker contents must pick them up before the end of June. We will donate anything unclaimed to Goodwill in July. We are still looking for missing locker items.
SCS Spring Newsletter
SHS Library Books
Top 10 Banquet
If you're looking for face masks to wear, Synergy's costuming designer is stepping up to fulfill a need during the current health crisis.
Mental Health Month Resources Available
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Throughout the month, IDOE will be sharing resources to help maintain and support mental health. Family and Social Services Association just released Be Well Indiana. This website provides information supporting wellness for all Hoosiers. Check out the free mental health tips, video library, COVID-19 specific resources, and much more.
PowerSchool- Parent Portal
Grades are being recorded for Quarter 4 at SHS. If you would like to check your child's grades don't forget you can log into PowerSchool and view their progress in real-time.
Report cards will be mailed home to families at the end of May.
If you need your log in information please contact the main office at 317-398-9731.
Gleaners Food Pantry @ SHS
The Gleaners Food Pantry at the Shelbyville High School will be on April 22, May 6, and May 20 from 3:00-4:00 at the D4 entrance at the gym. The good pantry will also be open on 6/3, 6/17, 7/8, and 7/22.
SCS HOT SPOTS
We posted maps with locations of the Drive-Up Hotspots on the SCS eLearning Page at:
Parents can use the SCS-Guest wireless network with the password bears2020
Comcast Hot Spot Locations
SHS Squib-Parent Dedications
SCS Revised 2019-2020 Calendar
We hope everyone stays safe and healthy through this crisis. Our SCS school community is ready to see our students again, and we anxiously await the beginning of the 2020-21 school year.
SHELBYVILLE CENTRAL EDUCATION FOUNDATION
We hope you consider becoming a partner with Shelbyville Central Education Foundation by funding some unique programs for our students’ school. All donations are tax-deductible and will provide our students with the resources to be successful now and in the future. Please visit shelbycs.org and look for the foundation page, there you will find the Golden Opportunities page. On this page you can browse all the projects that are in need of funding. Here is a direct link to that page. https://foundation.shelbycs.org/
Thank you for your continued support.
SCS Meal Distribution
We hope everyone is taking advantage of the meal distribution sites. As a reminder, children do not have to be present to pick up meals. On Fridays, Chartwells’ staff distributes meals for the weekend, and beginning Monday, April13th, the plan is to add dinner to meal distributions. Click here https://scs.shelbycs.org/apps/pages/covid19
Last week Chartwells dispersed 11,000 meals to our families. In order to replenish supplies, the dinner option will not be starting until Monday, April 13th.
COMMUNITY REMOTE STOPS (Listed in order of stop time)
Martin Estates Apartments 10:00am
2301 Raleigh Blvd., Shelbyville IN
Property Mgr - Michelle
Stage at Office at entrance to complex
Shelby’s Crest Apartments 10:00am
753 Shelby’s Crest, Shelbyville, IN
Property Mgr - Susan Kraus
Stage at Pool area
Westar Mobile Home Community 10:00am
911 Hale Rd, Shelbyville, IN
Property Mgr - Jackie
Stage at playground at intersection of
Drive D and Drive F (south west corner
Waterdance Apartments 10:30am
1700 Morningside Ct., Shelbyville, IN
Property Mgr - Jessie
Stage at Office
Golden Bear Preschool 11:00am
1115 State Rd 44, Shelbyville, IN
Mgr - Lora Nigh
Stage on west side off of Amos
In Bus parking area
Hendricks Pointe Apartments 11:00am
Miller St @ Taylor St
Property Mgr -
Stage at south west corner of property
Cimarron Apartments 11:30am
1713 Cimarron Place Ct, Shelbyville, IN
Property Mgr - Linda
Stage at Office
Shelby County Fairgrounds 12:00pm
500 Frank Street, Shelbyville, IN
Property Mgr - Jeff Pruitt
Stage just inside main gate
Sunset Park 12:00pm
544 River Rd, Shelbyville, IN
Property Mgr - Kareen Martin/Trisha Tackett
Stage at restroom building
Mobile Home Villa 12:15pm
1203 E State Rd. 44, Shelbyville, IN
Property Mgr -
Stage at mailboxes/office
Coulston Elementary 10:00am-1:00pm
121 Knightstown Rd
Hendricks Elementary 10:00am-1:00pm
1111 St. Joesph St
Loper Elementary 10:00am-1:00pm
901 Loper Dr
Community Based Services Available
Children’s Bureau can enroll families with children in Community Partners to assist with needs. Contact: 317-535-3326
- Free 1 – 2 day delivery on prescriptions and other essentials from March 9 – May 1.
- If you are going through the drive-thru to pick up a prescription, some over-the-counter products for pain, coughs, allergies, etc. are also available.
Department of Family Resources will mail SNAP and Medicaid applications to anyone who needs them and assist when possible to get needed verification
website to apply online is FSSABENEFITS.in.gov
Dollar General: stores open from 8 – 9 a.m. for seniors and others who are medically fragile.
Kroger: order online and pick-up at store so you don’t need to get out of your vehicle. ($4.95 fee but first 3 orders are free)
Contact: https://www.kroger.com/stores/details/021/00974?cid=loc_02100974_gmb 317-421-2350
MedWorks: Curbside pick-up. Call them when you arrive and your order will be delivered to you. The retail store is still open but you don’t have to leave your car for your meds in order to minimize possible exposure to the virus.
Contact: 317-421-2020, option 0
- Carry out meals are served via the back door from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Drive thru food pantry from 12:30 – 3:30 p.m. Monday and Friday.
Seniors Helping Seniors will do their best to deliver items to older adults
Shelby Senior Services:
- Drive through food pantry at the center Mon, Wed, Fri for those seniors with Diabetes and Hypertension. Seniors are met at the door and handed pre-filled bags.
- Home deliveries every other week.
- ShelbyGo is available for grocery stores, pharmacies and the loop only (no side trips).
- An older adult or the caregiver may call SSS and talk to someone who will help connect them with resources.
Shelbyville Indiana Giving Place: Over 1,000 members in this Facebook group give things away and make their needs known. No buying and selling, just giving and kindness. Someone who is homebound and needs help getting medication, food, etc. may post the need and folks will respond if they can help.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul of St. Joseph and St. Vincent de Paul Parishes will help per their limited resources and on an individual basis. They try to return calls within 24 hours. The store and warehouse are closed, but they can pull from their stock to assist.
Order supplies online and pick-up at store so you don’t need to get out of the vehicle. Free.
Contact: https://Walmart.com/store/884/shelbyville-in/details 317-392-4940
Walmart pharmacy: 1-800-2-Refill: meds can be ordered and delivered to the home.