AT THE TAP STUDIO
This newsletter is packed full of important information. Please take the time to read through everything so you don't miss out on any new updates!
As always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'm here to help!
Recital tickets are now on sale! The ticket price includes admission to the performance, as well as entrance to the pizza buffet. Remember, each performer who paid the performance fee gets a ticket for free!
Planning to purchase tickets at the studio? Please give me a head's up! Most of the time, I have little to no time in-between classes. I would be happy to prepare the tickets for you and have them ready for a quick transaction.
Ticket Price Brackets: Child: Ages 3-12 & Senior: Ages 62+
Stephanie Cook of Sanctuary Photography will capture our students during the recital this year! She is very experienced in photographing action shots of dancers, figure skaters, runners and more! You can check out her portfolio on her Facebook page - the link is below!
Want to purchase photos?
- Option 1: Pay $25 to The Tap Studio before May 25th to have all of the images of your student. E-mail Valerie to receive an online invoice for your photos!
- Option 2: Wait to see the images when they are ready, then pay $10/image.
FRIDAY, MAY 25th
- Dress Rehearsal: 9:00-11:30am
- Pizza Buffet: 12:30pm
- Recital & Photo Shoot: 1:00pm
COUNTDOWN: Only 7 more weeks of classes until the recital!
- Positive Attitudes: Let's make sure we come to class ready to work hard with a positive, can-do attitude! Rehearsing our recital dances can be exhausting, so we need to make sure we enter the dance studio mentally prepared to do our best every time we attend class.
- Attendance: Please make an effort to come to each and every class! We've been focusing on recital choreography and we need to continue to make progress each week.
- Recital Music: Please continue to listen to your recital CDs at home.
- Costumes: As costumes arrive, we must take the time to have the students try them on. In case a costume doesn't fit, we want to make sure we will have enough time to exchange it.
SEATING: Please plan to secure your seats on the main floor of the Bear's Tooth during the dress rehearsal! Performers must sit on the main floor for the recital. Last year, we had 47 performers from our studio and we filled up the Bear's Tooth main floor, causing some audience members to sit in the balcony! This year, we have 57 performers from our studio, so I anticipate we fill up the main floor again!
- $30: 30-minute lesson
- $50: 60-minute lesson
Want to perform this summer?
- You must complete the survey.
- You must be able to perform on both performance dates.
- You must attend the rehearsals to prepare for the performances.
- $15 per hour of rehearsal time for group dances.
- Private lesson rates apply for solo dances.
- You must purchase at least one of our new tops to wear as your costume.
New Registration & Payment Portal
In order to register for the summer session, you will need to:
- Complete the secure online registration form.
- Set up an online account on the Parent Portal.
- Complete registration for classes, summer camps and more through the Parent Portal.
- You can either make your payment through the Parent Portal or pay in person with cash or check.
Thank you for your flexibility and patience as I attempt to streamline the registration and payment processes to make it easier for both you and me! This new system will put the power in YOUR hands! If you want to sign up for a class, workshop, summer camp, etc., you can simply log into your Parent Portal and register for the class!
Please note that the YouTube video below is a tour through the NEW Parent Portal which will launch on April 10, 2018. The Parent Portal currently has a different look and has limited capabilities.
Rusty Frank is a tap dancer and lindy hopper, producer, choreographer, writer, and dance preservationist. She is the author of the critically acclaimed book TAP! The Greatest Tap Dance Stars and Their Stories 1900-1955. Check out Rusty's website: rustyfrank.com
- Thursday, April 19th at 6:45-8pm: Int Tap - FULL
- Sunday, April 22nd at 1-2:15pm: All-Levels Class*
- Sunday, April 22nd at 2:30-3:30pm: History Talk*
*So many people wanted to tap with Rusty on Sunday, April 22nd that we rented a larger space from our friends at Studio 49 to accommodate everyone! We still have a few spots left if you'd like to join us!
I’m so excited to come up there and meet you all in just a few weeks. We’re gonna have such a great time!
Say, I always like to offer a discount to anyone taking my workshop of my instructional DVDs. They are normally $30, but I offer them at $20 each to students who take my classes.
Take a look on my website shop, and see if there are any you would like me to bring to you. Then just email (firstname.lastname@example.org) me your name and which you would like, and I’ll bring them up to you directly!
Here’s my TAP DANCE SHOP for DVDs/digital downloads:
Here’s the link to my Book, TAP! THE GREATEST TAP DANCE STARS AND THEIR STORIES 1900-1955. Let me know if you’d like me to bring one for you, and I can personally autograph it for you (email@example.com):
And if you are interested in other items in my shop:
See ya soon!!
Copasetics Chair Dance
- Saturday, April 14th at 2-3pm
- Saturday, April 21st at 2-3pm
- Saturday, April 28th at 2-3pm
- Saturday, May 5th at 2-3pm
- Saturday, May 12th at 2-2:30pm
- Saturday, May 19th at 2-2:30pm
Jessie Sawyer's "Easy"
- Saturday, April 14th at 1-2pm
- Saturday, May 12th at 1-1:30pm
- Saturday, May 19th at 1-1:30pm
Sam Gottstein's "Thunder"
- Saturday, April 7th at 1-2pm
- Saturday, April 21st at 1-2pm
- Saturday, May 5th at 1-2pm
- Saturday, May 12th at 1:30-2pm
- Saturday, May 19th at 1:30-2pm
"Big and Bad"
- Sunday, April 8th at 1-2pm
- Sunday, April 15th at 1-2pm
- Sunday, April 29th at 1-2pm
- Sunday, May 6th at 1-2pm
- Tuesday, May 22nd at 7-8pm