April 29, 2016
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, please take the time to watch this video we've seen before as a reminder of how truly special teachers and staff are to children!
Notes and Reminders
- Please consider having your class do something special for our lunchroom supervisors (and hostess) for Lunchroom Supervisor Hero Day on Friday, May 6th.
- If you haven't done so already, please enter today's inservice into MLP for CPDU credit.
- Please place your PARCC teacher manual in my mailbox.
- When you schedule your STAR testing during the benchmark period, please send me the date and time for both math and reading. Also, please remember that re-takes are only to be given under extenuating circumstances, and you'll need my prior approval.
- Cheryl and Melissa will be representing Meadowview at our next science committee meeting. Cheryl will be piloting materials in the fall. Thank you, Cheryl!
- Troy Johnson from JJH will be speaking to students on Tuesday during lunch regarding basketball opportunities for interested students.
- As an FYI, the District asked us to take disinfectant wipes off the school supply lists due to banned chemicals.
- In your weekly communication to parents, please continue to remind them to register for next school year (especially if the following grade level will potentially split).
- As you begin to think about creating class lists for next year, please adhere to our clustering guidelines. Of course professional discretion should be used as well. This is one of the most important things we do, so be very thoughtful throughout the process.
For collaboration purposes, it's an A week.
Monday, May 2nd
Reg Out (Harvard PD)
Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week Begins!
Buffalo Wild Wings lunch provided by PTO
Monday Meeting (Certified Staff/Reflection)
Tuesday, May 3rd
Reg Out (Harvard PD)
K-Cups and Fruit provided by PTO
Band Tour Assembly (1:15 p.m.)
Wednesday, May 4th
Gifted ID Meeting (AM, select staff)
Lunch from Papas provided by Reg
Thursday, May 5th
Yogurt, Granola, and Fresh Fruit provided by PTO
Friday, May 6th
Lunch from Doggie Diner provided by District Admin
Ice Cream provided by PTO
Lunchroom Supervisor Hero Day
Mark Your Calendars...
May 9th - SWAT/STAR Benchmarking Begins!
May 13th - Butterfly Release (first grade)
May 16th - School Wide PD (throughout week)
May 16th - Feed My Starving Children Student Council Event
May 18th - All Day Science Committee Meeting
May 18th - Sixth Grade Field Trip (Field Museum)
May 19th - Afternoon and Evening Talent Show Presentations
May 20th - Sixth Grade DARE Graduation (1:15 p.m.)
May 20th - SWAT/STAR Benchmarking Ends!'
May 23rd - Monday Meeting (all staff)
May 27th - Field Day
May 27th - Last day of gifted services
May 30th - No School, Memorial Day
May 31st - Second Grade Field Trip (Arboretum)
May 31st - Board of Education Awards Ceremony (PM)
June 1st - GRADES DUE (8am)
June 2nd - All School Walk/Run, All School Picnic, Intermediate Awards Assembly