The Titan Times: Week 23
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
IN THIS EDITION:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Titan Community News
- Counselor's Corner
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
Thank you for participating in our spirit day fundraiser on Saturday! We appreciate your efforts in supporting our campus through PTA. Our PTA is also finalizing yearbook sales, so please be sure to order your yearbook and submit your 5th grade prideline advertisement by January 20th.
The weather has been a bit out of sorts lately. Please be sure your Titan brings and takes home their jacket daily. Dressing in layers always proves to be rewarding for our Titans. If your family is in need of jackets and/or other clothing, please utilize the Leander ISD PTA Clothes Closet on our campus. More info here.
Please be sure to read through the information here to ensure you're in the know of our campus and district happenings. Should you need anything, please reach out. Let's make it a great week of PRIDE in all we do!
Take care and be well,
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
January: School Board Recognition Month
- 17th: 5th Grade Run/ Read Club
- 18th: 3rd Grade Run/ Read Club
- 19th: 4th Grade Run/ Read Club
- 20th: Titan Time in the MPR
- 23rd: Kindergarten Run/ Read Club/ Trish Bode on Campus to Serve
- 24th: 2nd Grade Run/ Read Club/ Titan Snap Shot Class Picture Day (Wear Your Titan Shirt)
- 25th: 1st Grade Run/ Read Club & Author Visit: Tae Keller for 4th & 5th Grades (See Flyer)
- 26th: Fire Safety Assembly 8:15 AM Grades 3-5 & 9:15 AM Grades K-2
- 27th: Titan Time in the MPR
- 28th: LEEF Gala (See flyer)
February: Black History Month & Heart Healthy Month
- 6-10th: Counselor Appreciation Week
- 8th: PTA General Meeting (See Info Below)
- 13-17th: Kindness Week/ LISD Volunteer Appreciation Week
- 20th: Staff Development Day (No School for Students)
Italy Info Session for Current 4th & 5th Grade Titans
Wednesday, Jan. 25th, 6pm
6500 Sitio Del Rio Boulevard
We're excited to tell you more about the trip we're planning with EF Tours, our educational travel partner. Please be sure to register for this info session to be considered for our upcoming travel opportunity. When students travel, they expand their knowledge of the world around them, discover more about themselves, and grow more confident. These skills are critical for creating the global citizens of tomorrow, and we would love to have your student join us on this adventure.
In this info session, we'll talk about:
● How this opportunity will benefit your child
● What we'll see and do on our trip
● Everything that's included in this experience
● How your child can earn academic credit
● How we'll be keeping the trip safe and affordable
● How to enroll on the trip (before it fills up!)
Registration for this info session is mandatory to help organize our meeting and to notify attendees of a change in time or location if necessary. A parent or guardian must attend.
Can't make it? Choose "No, but send info" so you don't miss out.
Can't wait to see you there!
-Mr. Jason Tutone
The fourth and fifth grades will have the opportunity to listen to her speak about how she found a love for reading and writing, pursuing her passions, and encouraging students to pursue theirs. Keller’s presentation will be followed by a short Q&A session, so students are able to interact with her as well!
LOOKING AHEAD: SAVE THE DATE
PTA GENERAL MEETING
Wednesday, Feb. 8th, 6pm
6500 Sitio Del Rio Boulevard
Pizza provided by Smokin' Oak Pizza.
PTA will be focusing on all the events PTA has coming up in the spring semester and specific ways you can help and get involved!
This details the entire school year's student holidays, staff development days, early release, etc.
TITAN COMMUNITY NEWS
REMINDER: EARLY CHECK-OUTS & HANDICAP PARKING
**REMEMBER TO PLEASE NOT PARK IN HANDICAP PARKING UNLESS YOU HAVE APPROPRIATE PROOF FOR THE ACCOMMODATION.**
Feedback Requested: Consideration of Courses
This spring, Leander ISD will consider/adopt new instructional resources for six courses:
- American Sign Language I-IV,
- Chinese I-IV,
- AP US History,
- AP Calculus AB and BC,
- African-American Studies, &
- Mexican-American Studies.
LEEF: Texas Star-Wars Theme Night January 27th
Why did Anakin Skywalker cross the road? To get to the Dark Side! Get your tickets for a Star Wars-themed night with the Texas Stars on January 27th! A portion of ticket proceeds come back to helping LEEF fund programs and grants💛💙
Be sure to check out the jersey auction that night to benefit LEEF. Purchase your tickets at www.TexasStars.com/LEEF
LEEF Gala: Saturday, January 28th
If you are a family who needs support with purchasing Titan gear, please reach out to our school counselor, Ms. Jennifer Randall, at email@example.com
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders