Meetings are on the 3rd Tuesday of every month!
What is Rho Kappa?
The mission and purpose of Rho Kappa: The National Social Studies Honor Society is to:
- promote scholarship and to recognize academic excellence in social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- provide through its local chapters opportunities for exploration in the social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- encourage interest in, understanding of, and appreciation for the social studies.
- The RHO KAPPA organization, development, and direction are overseen by the National RHO KAPPA National Advisory Council and the NCSS staff.
- RHO KAPPA is comprised of chapters. Each chapter is made up of:
- students from one or more high schools and
- one or more teachers who serves as the chapter sponsor.
Each chapter is led by student officers who work with the chapter sponsor; together they plan chapter meetings and activities that engage their memberships. Each chapter determines the activities that are appropriate for their chapter. All chapters register members with NCSS National office and all agree to abide by the national RHO KAPPA Social Studies Honor Society Constitution.