School Board Meeting Highlights
For a complete agenda, please visit us at:http://www.boarddocs.com/pa/parkland/Board.nsf/Public
All motions were approved.
2015-16 Proposed Final Budget Presentation
John Vignone, Director of Business Administration, reviewed approximately $1.2M in revenues and expenditure adjustments that allowed the District to balance the budget, while still using a $5.5M in Fund Balance appropriations. His handout that outlines the $1.2M in adjustments can be found here.
A press release on the Proposed General Fund Budget for 2015-16 can be found here.
Proposed General Fund Budget can be seen here.
Student and Staff Recognition
Sandy Himes, Executive Director at LCTI, recognized the following Parkland students who competed at the state level and are heading to National competitions as follows:
1. Mckenzie Alvarez – attending – Culinary Arts Program at LCTI. 2015 FCCLA State competition 2nd place winner for Culinary Math
2. Elayne Bodisch – Emerging Health Professionals – 2015 HOSA State Competition she won first place in the Career Health Poster competition.
3. Antonella DiStefano – attending – Culinary Arts Program at LCTI. 2015 FCCLA State competition 2nd place winner in the Culinary Arts competition.
4. Chris Droney – Computer Maintenance program at LCTI. 29015 FBLA State Competition he won first place in the Computer Problem Solving competition.
5. Cheyenne Fenstermaker – Material Handling program. 2015 DECA State competition she won first place in the Material Handling/Logistics competition.
6. Londynn Jones – Marketing program at LCTI. 2015 DECA State competition she won second place in the Chapter Awards Project competition.
7. Alayna Koch – attending – Emerging Health Professionals program at LCTI. 2015 HOSA State Competition 4th place in Career Health Display
8. Marissa Kula – Emerging Health Professionals – 2015 HOSA State competition she won first place in the Creative Problem Solving competition.
9. Nathalie Lalande – attending – Marketing program at LCTI. Took first place in the School Based Enterprise Retail Operations competition at DECA.
10.Brian Romig – attending – Auto Technology program at LCTI. 2015 Skills USA State competition he won first place in the Automotive Service Technology competition.
11.Mason Rumble – Welding Technology program at LCTI. 2015 SkillsUSA State competition he won first place in the Welding competition.
12. Maya Sheed – Culinary Arts program. 2015 FCCLA State competition she won second place in the Culinary Arts competition.
13.Anthony Sorrentino – attending – Culinary Arts program at LCTI. At the 2015 FCCLA State completion he won second place in the Culinary Arts competition.
14.Keri Weigman – Emerging Health Professionals Program at LCTI. 2015 HOSA State Competition she won 4th place in the Career Health Display competition.
15.Tyler Young – attending, Computer Maintenance program. 2015 FBLA State competition he won second place in the Client Service competition.
Scott Bartman, principal of Parkway Manor Elementary, spoke about the importance of parent involvement and his gratitude towards the PTO and parent volunteerism and encouragement of academics as it relates to the District mission statement of Educating for Success, Inspiring Excellence.
The following Springhouse Middle School students led the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance: Rashmi Raghuraman, Emma Prehl and Cole Bodnar.
Beth Breiner, Coordinator of Educational Technology, recognized the following teacher Technology Integrators who have demonstrated a mastery of skills and creative use of technology in the learning process. They are:
Kathy Dalrymple - Cetronia
Monique Bambino - Jaindl
Samantha Edwards - Fogelsville
Wendy DiPasquale - Parkway Manor
Alyson Kriner - Kernsville
Helen Krizan - Kratzer
Kathy Urban - Ironton
Adrienne Kashner - Schnecksville
Brian Iobst - OMS
Steve Hoffman - SMS
Brian Ding - PHS
Teacher Shirley Thomas and the Trumpet newspaper staff were recognized for winning a National Scholastic Press Award. The staff is:
Teacher Bob Yocum and the Pennsylvania VEX Robotics State Champions also placed 13th at the WORLD competition and were recognized as follows:
Springhouse MS principal Michelle Minotti recognized Grammy Finalist and Middle School Strings teacher Debra Reilly.
Lastly, Mr. Sniscak and the School Board thanked Student Rep to the Board Caitlin Carlson for her monthly reports this year and wished her much success in college next year.