Murphy Middle School ENews
April 4, 2019
STAAR Testing Begins Tuesday, April 9th
Please look over the information below as following these guidelines will make STAAR testing go more smoothly for everyone involved.:
· Student attendance on testing days is vitally important. Please make every effort to be at school and to be on time.
· Please reschedule appointments that are slated for testing days.
· Cell phones are not allowed in testing rooms. Encourage your student to leave his/her phone at home or powered off in his/her locker on testing days.
· Smart Watches are not allowed in testing rooms. As with cell phones, please encourage your student to either leave them at home or in his/her locker.
· We encourage students to bring their lunch on STAAR testing days. Because this is a timed test which must be interrupted for students to eat, having a lunch from home simplifies the process.
· Student are encouraged to bring an individual snack and water bottle for testing.
Special Education Program Parent Survey
Valued parents of students with disabilities,
The special education program is exploring ways to increase communication, training and involvement opportunities for families of students with disabilities, and we need your input. I know that you are very busy working and taking care of your family, but I encourage you to give us your voice by answering the thirteen (13) questions in this survey. We value parent input and want to know how the special education program is doing towards meeting you and your child's needs. Please click the link below that corresponds to your language of preference and complete the survey by Friday, April 26th.
Murphy's Got Talent
Upcycled Art Contest
Gateway Summer Engineering Camp
PESH Baseball Feeder School Night
Please join us as we welcome Eastside students from elementary through high school. Wear a Plano East shirt or your elementary, middle or high school shirt to get in free! Students will be recognized on the field prior to the game. $1 Hot Dog Night (one per student).
Plano East vs Plano West
Plano East Baseball Field
Recognition time: 7:00pm
Speech and Debate Camp
Theater Summer Camp
PTA News and Updates
STAAR TESTING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED, APRIL 9TH & 10TH
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED to help on STAAR testing days next week. Please help our MMS teachers and staff by signing up to volunteer!
ORDER SCHOOL SUPPLIES, APRIL 2ND - MAY 22ND
Details at mmspta.org/ss.
GET READY FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR BY MAY 22ND
Visit mmspta.org/19-20 to learn more about how you can join PTA, purchase school supplies, and how to get ready for another school year. The deadline to purchase school supplies is May 22nd.
IMPORTANT: When registering for next year, select your student's current 2018-2019 grade, not the grade they will be in next school year. All students will be promoted in our system over the summer
MMS Students- Popcorn and Drink- April 17th
8th Grade Celebration Save the Date
PISD MIDDLE SCHOOL TRANSITION TRAINING NIGHTS, APRIL 8TH
PISD Council of PTA- Rough Rider Night, May 5th
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Sunday, April 28th
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Plano ISD Council of PTAs and the Frisco Roughriders!
$12 tickets ($5 from each ticket benefits school of your choice)
Details and flyer available www.planopta.org/familyengagement
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK, MAY 6TH-10TH
Teacher Appreciation Week is a week-long celebration in recognition of our amazing MMS faculty and the contributions they make to our students and community. If you would to like give a teacher an end-of-year gift, we've compiled a list of their favorites.
VENDOR FAIR, APRIL 13TH
Like up on Facebook
REGISTER TO VOTE BY APRIL 4TH
Be sure to register to vote by April 4 in order to vote in the May 4 election!